• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bluebell Hutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeybug94

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I want to rescue a couple of piggies in the spring (from the pottery rescue! :D) but here is the situation. I have three free range house rabbits who have a dog crate in my room for their litter, hay, water and I feed their veggies in there so they don't make a mess on the carpet. Because of this, I don't want the piggies in there too because although the litter tray is changed daily, I worry about ventilation and smell and such. I can't keep them in another room as it's a shared house (or they'd get pride of place for cuddles in the living room hehe) so I was thinking of getting this hutch?

I got a 5x4 run for the rabbits purely just to be able to graze and eat the grass, they have plenty of room inside the whole house not to need an outdoor run (the run would be too small for a rabbit otherwise). I'm going to secure the garden in spring because it's too wet and cold for them now anyway so they can have access to the grass and have a good dig. They'd be supervised (duhh) but I think they'd enjoy the freedom! :) long story short, the run can be donated to the piggies!

To summarise and my actual question (how I love to babble) would a bluebell hutch and 5x4 run be suitable for two adult female pigs? I'd have to create a chloroplast cage on top of the rabbit crate in winter but I can't imagine it'd be grossly smelly or anything for a short term period because I'm rather OCD on the cleaning front :lol: Sound like a suitable set up? :) obviously there are other hutches out there but I'm a student so £100 is about my budget haha, give me a shout if there is anything bigger and the same price-ish by all accounts!

Thanks guys!

Where would the guinea pigs live in winter? Do you have a heated shed? A hutch alone is not enough.

Sorry I know my massive paragraph is bit of a read haha, I did say in it that they would come inside though in a chloroplast cage! :)

Itd be more suitable to wait until I had my own house to keep them indoors 24/7 but if I have the funds and space I might as well rescue and give them a loving home now, more space for others that need rescuing from horrible situations!

They sound like very lucky pigs already and you haven't even got them
Lol

I second a bluebell, they are very popular hutches on here and the hutch alone will offer great space for 2 piggies, with a run added as well is brilliant! Lucky Piggies :)

Bluebell hutches are brill, pets@home say 4 guinea pigs can live happily in there so two guinea pigs will have loads of room with a hutch and run! Lucky piggies:)!​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back