• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Boar cleaning

Xarea

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi what are the best way to clean a boar's anal sack and keep the.butt clean. I have watched a lot of videos and am confused. My vet will only take pets in distress due to Covid. One boar is good, one has a nasty bottom, and I don't want him to get sick. Can anyone help me ?

What do you mean by a nasty bottom? How old is he?

Please can you also add your location to your profile. County/state or country is enough.:wel:

Well, the pig is about two years old. He consistently has a dirty bum, and his grease glands are always excreating, at least every 2 weeks. His lil bum hole looks nasty and we have watched vids on how to clean it, I don't want to hurt him. We have tried to clean it, with q tips and mineral oil..like suggested but like I said don't want to hurt him. Any suggestions ? BTW my vet said she wont see him cause was not sick, cause there is no puss or lack of level of eating and exercise.

Do you mean the back end is grubby and fully of hay inside? As for the grease gland, boar ones are more active and sometimes you do find one is more active than another. Does it get crusty?

You won’t hurt them. If they need cleaning they need cleaning. Have a read of the guide that was linked above.

Back