• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Boar Glue Pulling Lip

Status
Not open for further replies.

PopcornPigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey
So got back today and Basil was up at the bars but his left side of his lip was drawn downwards. I panicked and thought he'd had a stroke so got him out but found he has a large hard lump of boar glue under his lip which is pulling it down.
I examined it and it's rock solid and no way of cutting it. I wouldn't trust myself either as Basil does not like to be restrained and wriggles and bites, I wouldn't want him to get hurt.
Is there anything else I can do to maybe soften it? He's had it before but lower down and he pulled it out with a red patch after.
He's currently living on his own as his friend passed away, so he's been having a good time on his own! Such a silly boy.

Unfortunately there is no way to remove it gently. You have to wait until it comes off on its own if it is sitting fully on the skin. Naughty boy for choosing the silliest place possible! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back