Boar pairs

Beetrootbec

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello, I’m wondering..does anyone have any experience keeping two pairs of boars? ..
I have two pairs of boars and wondering if each pair could live happily in a c and c cage next to each other? Or is this risking the bonds each pair have together? Thanks

Bradshaw Piggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello,

As at @rp1993 said, I have several pairs of boars living side by side. I have no issues, just the usual rumble strutting at the bars and a room full of testosterone 🤦🏻‍♀️ But on the whole everyone is very happy living as neighbours.
Introducing a new pair to the room can often cause some rumbling (usually I find mostly from the new pair), but it’s never affected the relationships with my existing pairs. Just be prepared for some bar biting and rumbling until everything settles.
One of my boars can’t be bonded with another (he’s very easily bullied) and loves being surrounded by his male neighbours.

Another thing to think about is not having any toys or hides places where they could jump into the next cage. Mine are well away and I always have C&C grids over the top to stop them jumping over (as mine like to sit on top of hides).

and never ever bring females into the room! I wouldn’t even have females in the house lol.

I’m sure your boys will make great neighbours and love the additional interaction through the bars as mine do. Just give them time to settle 😊

exia

New Born Pup
Reaction score
We have two male pairs living as neighbour's. Two weeks ago we got a c&c cage for one of the couples... What a party it is to see each other at the same level! The first days it was pretty intense with chatting and strutting, but when they got used to it they seem to really love it.

Now they lived side by side for almost a year and are used to hear and smell each other, but they couldn't see each other and communicate this close with the old cage. The youngest one is really still like a toddler and wants to play and chitchat alot. When his buddy doesn't want to he walks over to the others and talk their ears of. It looks like the two older ones in the other cage shares the responsibility of keeping the little terrorist amused 😅

The bonds in the pairs hasn't been affected negative, but I don't think that ours should have more than a shared corner of their cages. It would be too mutch testo-party to handle for the humans...