• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Boarding small pets

Status
Not open for further replies.

pusscat2

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have been asked today to board for a lady who I know slightly she has 2 bunnies and 3 piggies she wants to know how much I would charge for a week?

I have no Idea though as I have never done it before so was a bit taken back what do you think?

well i worked out my piggies cost me a £1 a week each or £2 if they have Oxbow, thats is just for hay, nuggets, veggies etc. :)

Last edited:
Ermm id say like 3-4 pounds per pig and like a fiver per rabbit? look at local boarding places and see how much they charge.

Well you can't really charge unless you are declaring it for tax ;) I would say she should probably contribute towards their food costs for the week ;)
I would probably say about £10.

my local boarding place charges £3 per night for 1 guinea or £4 for 2

dont know if that helps?

I agree you should check out other boarding places to compare

x

I don't know about charging but make sure you can keep them separate to your own animals (as you don't know if they have any communicable diseases) and establish what you would do if any of them needed vet treatment or died while you were looking after them.

My local rescue also boards and they charge £5 a night I think?
But it's cheaper for 2 to share.

Thanks every one I found that locally one place charges 2.50 a hutch for both buns and piggies. Other than that it seems the average is 3.50 a night for buns and 3. for piggies.
She is a vet receptionist so I would say that if there is a problem I would take them there.

I would still appreciate any other advice or views though so please let me know you thoughts. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back