Boars getting on (at the moment)

weepweeps

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’d love to see some more best buddy boar pictures if anyone has any 😍.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
:wub::wub::wub: I have a pair of well bonded boars as well. They're not cuddly with each other (not many are though) and prefer to be in their own hides, but they do get on :)

SusieW

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They are gorgeous! I had no idea that boars aren't generally cuddly with each other.
I have had 13 boars and no girls and would never want girls really... don't understand why boys have a bad press, I think they are fab.
Here's some photos of my boys cuddling!

Attachments

Her Nibship

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a positive thread about boars as sometimes they get a bad press (probably deservedly so).

So here are Percy (brown/white) and Pepper (tri colour)View attachment 170547 having a little cuddle 😍😍. Best buddies for now.
Your boys are beautiful! My Hamlet & Hercules are very closely bonded & usually to be found snuggled up in the same hide. Trouble is, they don't like having their photo taken & as soon as I get my phone out they skidaddle! 😏

SusieW

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you! The long haired tricolour who is with the with the pink eyed white was a total pain to pair to the extent I considered rehoming him to someone with girls but other than that they have all worked out really easily. Some of my pictured pairs were actually part of two fantastic trios too before one of each trio died (the abysinnian and Dutch pigs in my second photo died so the black pig is now paired with a new one and the white alpaca in the first photo died so now the ones left are a pair) ... sometimes I wonder if boars get a lot worse reputation than they deserve although I know it doesn't seem too common for trios to work.
Thanks for starting this thread 😊

Attachments

weepweeps

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Gosh I thought trios never worked. It’s good to hear good news sometimes. They are beauties. X

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
Gosh I thought trios never worked. It’s good to hear good news sometimes. They are beauties. X
Oh no, there are some very successful trios. And in the rescue we even had a wonderfully bonded boar quad. But they didn’t all start out together as juveniles. Each were added as adults, and it was really about personality and compatibility. And then each had loads of space and their own places to get away from the others. So it is possible, but statistically unlikely if you have 3 baby or juvenile boars together and all hit teens at the same time.

Engel

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a boar pair too. Definitely don't deserve the bad rep. So glad they're getting on. I love Percy's colour

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I love boars, I really do. My last pair were like chalk and cheese personality wise but didn't appreciate being too far from each other for long - I always said it was a miracle they ever got along, but aside from the standard "you stole my food" "YOU STOLE MY FOOD" squabbles they genuinely adored each other. Male pets in general always have a reputation for being more work than female pets, it's not just guinea pigs, but I'd recommend a boar pair from a rescue to a new owner any day.