Boars in Stockholm (Kongos diary)

PXL_20261006_151455536.MACRO_FOCUS.MP~2.webp
Today its cinnamon bun day in Sweden! Me celebrate.

PXL_20261005_175425512.webp
Hooman made 57 buns yesterday. It was an accident. She was thinking about making around 25... It looks like me had 10, but I just saved some of my soup from yesterday somewhere.

PXL_20261006_172229075~2.webp
This is how to celebrate! Mama says its not okay to stand in the plate, dig around my paws and kick out the things I dont want from the plate.

PXL_20261006_172213965~2.webp
But me have a cleaning patrol!

From cinnamon bun Harry
 
Hi Benny Boy

I got my floofy velcro fur from my Dad. He had velcro fur too and I look just like him. I know this because my Hooman has told me and she saw a pigture that Aunty Lilli had. My Hooman adopted me and my Mum Misty from Aunty Lilli's friend. My Mum Misty has silkiesoftie fur like you do.
Wheeks

Bramble aka The Queen of Floof

ps Here I am in full Floof Mode waiting for my Bikini Bod fur do earlier in the year.

View attachment 289605
Hi Bramble!

Harry says I'm made in a baby-factory. I have to e-mail them and ask why they didn't give me velcro. It looks cool and sounds very practical!
To be shiny as a discoboll is nothing i recommend.

Benny Banana
 
PXL_20261007_203919148.MP~2.webp
Kisses with mama. I love kisses ♥️
PXL_20261007_203811409~2.webp
Hooman tried to kiss me. I'm very offended!

PXL_20261007_204240767~2.webp
Running from the kisses. Hooman asks me everyday if I'm planning to make my hair grow a bit more or this is our future. Something about me being a "beautiful breeder pig" and things like that.
 
View attachment 289637
"Something about me being a "beautiful breeder pig" and things like that"

Hello piglies!

Slave is really trying to fix my hair, and this line is on repeat. She then told me I was expensive too.

So, now I'm curious - what did your hoomans think you were worth and what did they give your old slaves?


Me (breeder): 75€
Joe Exotic (pet store): 35€
Chip Tamale (breeder): 20€
The Pikachu and Bob Diego (private person, same price as she paid the pet store): 50€ together

Adoptionfees:
Lasse Kongo (organization) - 30€
Djingis Kahn (private adoption) - 10€ for ice cream for the kids
Harry Henderson (private adoption, they adopted him from the same organization as Kongo came from): 10€ for ice cream for the kids

Slave says its not the Coronet in me thats worth 75€, its that I'm Benny. I think hoomans should pay more for our company, we're worth a better status in this world. Come on, compadres! Lets protest together. Pricey Pigs! Pricey Pigs! Pricey Pigs!

Wheeks from Benny Banana - love my free buddy HARRY
 
Hello piglies!

Slave is really trying to fix my hair, and this line is on repeat. She then told me I was expensive too.

So, now I'm curious - what did your hoomans think you were worth and what did they give your old slaves?


Me (breeder): 75€
Joe Exotic (pet store): 35€
Chip Tamale (breeder): 20€
The Pikachu and Bob Diego (private person, same price as she paid the pet store): 50€ together

Adoptionfees:
Lasse Kongo (organization) - 30€
Djingis Kahn (private adoption) - 10€ for ice cream for the kids
Harry Henderson (private adoption, they adopted him from the same organization as Kongo came from): 10€ for ice cream for the kids

Slave says its not the Coronet in me thats worth 75€, its that I'm Benny. I think hoomans should pay more for our company, we're worth a better status in this world. Come on, compadres! Lets protest together. Pricey Pigs! Pricey Pigs! Pricey Pigs!

Wheeks from Benny Banana - love my free buddy HARRY
Yes, they should be more expensive to discourage buying on a whim 🙁
 
Hello piglies!

Slave is really trying to fix my hair, and this line is on repeat. She then told me I was expensive too.

So, now I'm curious - what did your hoomans think you were worth and what did they give your old slaves?


Me (breeder): 75€
Joe Exotic (pet store): 35€
Chip Tamale (breeder): 20€
The Pikachu and Bob Diego (private person, same price as she paid the pet store): 50€ together

Adoptionfees:
Lasse Kongo (organization) - 30€
Djingis Kahn (private adoption) - 10€ for ice cream for the kids
Harry Henderson (private adoption, they adopted him from the same organization as Kongo came from): 10€ for ice cream for the kids

Slave says its not the Coronet in me thats worth 75€, its that I'm Benny. I think hoomans should pay more for our company, we're worth a better status in this world. Come on, compadres! Lets protest together. Pricey Pigs! Pricey Pigs! Pricey Pigs!

Wheeks from Benny Banana - love my free buddy HARRY
Wow Benny Banana you are worth every Euro.

Love from the not too cheap side
Patrick and Pinky
(£30 each)

But they have certainly made up for it in vet bills!

Definitely not cheap starter pets.
 
Hello Benny Banana and Hairy Harry

My Hooman made a donation of £40 for me and £20 for Misty and Bramble.

My Hooman gets special rates at The Rescue we all came from as we go on holiday there and she always makes a generous donation (more than is required) when we go there for our little break with Aunty Lilli.

Wheeks
Saxon
 
I'm not exactely sure (would have to look it up) but I think it was about 100,- for Pino as a neutered boar and 80,- for Chinchi and Cherry each as they could have gone into breeding.
Kylie was also more expensive than the other girls from this breeder because she's a california.
Betty was 35,-.
 
So, a piggie has around the same price in Europe? And thats a low price, if we do a quick median of what we paid. This is so sad. Is any of your pigs from a pet store?

I'm not exactely sure (would have to look it up) but I think it was about 100,- for Pino as a neutered boar and 80,- for Chinchi and Cherry each as they could have gone into breeding.
Kylie was also more expensive than the other girls from this breeder because she's a california.
Betty was 35,-.
Its so ironic I think your most beautiful girl is your cheapest 😂
Have to confess I'm very in love with Kylie too. She really opened my eyes for Californians, but they are hard to find. At least I want a "drop nose", she's so cheeky with hers! One of Benny brothers was white with a black nose and totally stunning. But Maleslave wanted Ben, and the breeder agreed based on her babies personality traits and Harrys. The white one was three weeks older and veryvery sassy. Benny is a social and playful creature without being too much, she said. And she's right. Harry is the one being too much but Benny doesn't mind at all!
 
Piggies are incredibly cheap but the prices have gone up a bit in the last few years which is good.
The personality should always be a very important part of choosing a piggy but unfortunately you don't always get the right information.
 
Piggies are incredibly cheap but the prices have gone up a bit in the last few years which is good.
The personality should always be a very important part of choosing a piggy but unfortunately you don't always get the right information.
I only had proper information about personality and likes/dislikes from Harrys and Bennys previous homes. For me it was a very positive experience buying a pig from a serious breeder with a long experience.
Harrys previous family is amazing. We still keep in touch a couple of times a/year and runs into each other sometimes (we live pretty close). Why his very first family gave him and his brother away and what life they lived there I dont know. The litter brother passed away 2025 in their previous family and thats why they decided to let Harry move. But I'm very sure Harry has been very loved and catered his whole life. He loves people too much to ever have been neglected in any way.
 
Of my last four, two came free to me and two cost €30 each iirc. One of the freebies, Amelie, and one I paid for, Cora, had to go straight to the vet the next day which wasn't exactly cheap so I appreciate that I didn't have to pay for Amelie. In fact that was the reason given to me for not having to pay for Amelie - she had definite health problems. Originally she was meant to have cost €30, and I would have paid that of course.

My other little freebie was Arthur, a young guinea-on-loan, who came from my local rescue to keep the elderly Cora and Amelie company after their husboar died. As a guinea-on-loan, he went straight back to the rescue after Amelie died. Normally he would have cost me half the adoption fee of a guinea leaving the rescue, which I think was €40 at the time, but my local rescue lady decided to give him to me. I had donated things like foraged food and my own overabundance of raspberry canes complete with roots to the rescue, the latter for their garden, over the years. She just said she had a lot of guineas at the time and knew he was going to a good home.

Rescue prices round here atm can be anywhere from €50 to €80 per guinea. On the local classifieds or Internet classifieds they are sometimes sold for €100 per guinea, especially if they are neutered boars. That is to cover the neutering costs. Some Rescues may do that too, others charge the same fee for all guineas, possibly so they're not left with a bunch of boars!
Then there are of course the terribly underpriced guineas on the classifieds, from €5 - €20 per guinea or per group.
 
PXL_20261011_004937029~2.webp
Oh Hello diary!

PXL_20261011_005616665~2.webp
Bummie-bangs with a little pellet in my fin!

PXL_20261011_005154238~2.webp
My and my bestie Benny

PXL_20261011_005040771~2.webp
He really wanted that pellet and I was so annoyed slave offered him some soup with pellets. He said no way!

PXL_20261011_005503007~2.webp
But me ran to slave and demanded my bowl. Yes. I'm Harry. I want my soup in a special bowl, it tastes better in that bowl.

From Harry and Benny
 
Back
Top