Boars, sows, or husboar and wife?

Emx93

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I like my two sow trios, I'd consider husboars but fluffy has spectacularly rejected every boar she's ever met so 😂 I originally had a sow pair who fell out so they now each have their own group! I'd initially planned to have a husboar with four wifeys but I'm happy with my girls I think 💖

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
I’ve had a wonderful boar pair, a mixed pair, sows as pairs and herd and now a husboar with 2 sows.
Each combination has its own quirks and joys.
I couldn’t choose between boars and sows - I’ve loved all my different combinations

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Piggy daddy is really besotted with boars! We spent all day with the piggies today, cage cleans, playpen time, health checks, weight checks, nail trims... the piggies went back to their clean cages, I go to cook dinner and what did I find? Piggy daddy has brought Theo boar back out for an extra cuddle and was holding grapes and coriander between his teeth so Theo will kiss him on the mouth for a sneaky snack! I suspect that sometime in the future after I pass away that piggy daddy will fill the whole house with a huge herd of free roaming bachelor boars who get to sleep in his bed and help themselves from the fridge and fruit bowl...!
20200831_185315.jpg20200831_185410.jpg

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Piggy daddy is really besotted with boars! We spent all day with the piggies today, cage cleans, playpen time, health checks, weight checks, nail trims... the piggies went back to their clean cages, I go to cook dinner and what did I find? Piggy daddy has brought Theo boar back out for an extra cuddle and was holding grapes and coriander between his teeth so Theo will kiss him on the mouth for a sneaky snack! I suspect that sometime in the future after I pass away that piggy daddy will fill the whole house with a huge herd of free roaming bachelor boars who get to sleep in his bed and help themselves from the fridge and fruit bowl...!
View attachment 152488View attachment 152489
It was Piggy Daddy who gave Micah lots of love and cuddles last year when the herd came to stay.
He was a poorly little boy but I’m sure Piggy Daddy helped him to get better.

BoredBellaaa

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
M
Was thinking of my boys and after having them for a year, I think I’ll always want a boar pair! They’re incredible :) What is your preference if any? Curious to see what fellow piggie slaves think!
I’ve only ever had boars, as my pair of boars are my first piggies ever! I think I’d be pretty drawn to sows also.

Hannah_xx

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Australia, Victoria. (originally from Essex, UK)
I like my mixed sex pair and group, both my husboars are lovely chilled out straightforward characters but I enjoy the ladies plotting and scheming to get what they want! And they always do :)
This is exactly how I’d describe my herd as well :)) The girls are always plotting ways to wind Patrick up and get exactly what they want, And Patrick is extremely mischievous but ever so caring with his ladies.
A small herd with a husboar is perfect to me, I absolutely love watching the herd dynamics :D

Fantasimo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’ve had girls together, boys and girls together, and now two boys together and I honestly don’t have a preference 🤔 for me, I have a few pigs I remember with extra special fondness, and they are both boys and girls.

I think it helps that each and every pig in the universe has its own distinct character. There are literally no two alike!