• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bonding day

Thank you! I went in today and they were sleeping together. I scattered pellets (1 tbsp each) and they were eating side by side with no trouble. I have to work, but put hay everywhere and they have 3 water bottles spaced. I put their logs back in the have an exit and opening (and a hole in the middle). Our new boy (unnamed currently) has given Gibbles confidence to explore the entire run, which is nice because he'd stay in his hutch and not venture. Still hear the rumblestrutting and submission cries, but far less. Hoping the next few weeks go relatively well without issue. Then, onto the teenage years...I think I'm more afraid of my guinea's teenage years than my kid's 😂😂
Hang in there, some sail through without a hitch, just like kids 😄

I feel like everything I've done is wrong before it's right. Lol. Apparently, I got the wrong grid size, and our new baby escaped today. It was only a couple hours and luckily there were no issues when I put them together again. So, this is my temporary situation until I get more grids to double. Or can I use like plyable mesh around the outside? I thought my coroplast was high enough... sigh. I'll get it right some day. Do you think this setup should be okay for a couple days? He can't get out this high right?

I know our UK posters are deep in slumber, so hopefully this works.

Oh, and update on bonding boys. They are currently snuggling next to one another. There favorite thing to do is zoomie and popcorn around the cage. They also love grooming side by side. My dominant boy still does some half hearted rumblestrutting,l and mounting, but it seems he only does it when I accidentally frighten them.

Attachments

• 20210112_191233.jpg
    20210112_191233.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 16
Yes that cardboard boxes are fine. I did the same thing whenever we adopt a baby piggy. It won't take long and the baby will grow soon. So enjoy every moment of it. Loads of fun when you have baby piggies. Lots of zooming, wheeking, and of course loads of playtime.

Lucky boys having a massive cage!

Yes that cardboard boxes are fine. I did the same thing whenever we adopt a baby piggy. It won't take long and the baby will grow soon. So enjoy every moment of it. Loads of fun when you have baby piggies. Lots of zooming, wheeking, and of course loads of playtime.

Lucky boys having a massive cage!
Thank you! It was quite a shock when we got home to only one guy! Luckily, the cage is in the office with the door closed.

Guinea pigs can be good at getting out.

I found Priscilla loose in the hall one day despite the play pen they were in. She's somehow squeezed under the radiator and found a way out!

Love your set up. Lucky piggies

Guinea pigs can be good at getting out.

I found Priscilla loose in the hall one day despite the play pen they were in. She's somehow squeezed under the radiator and found a way out!

Love your set up. Lucky piggies
So funny! They are so crazy!

Back