• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

I read today on a website that two adult boars can be paired together? today i had the runs close and they both talked to each other and popcorned! I so want them to be friends am i just gettin my hopes up? or can adults really be togther does anyone have any experience? x

they can be, but it just depends on whether or not the boars themselves will adjust to one another

so no hope then lol Harry just doesnt like other boars I'm sure of it because no only is he always aggressive towards Zub he was attackin the little ones in the shop! i hate to think that they're lonely i dont no what to do x

how about getting 2 neutered sows? I remember you saying that they only come in pairs from the rescue centre by you? It's worth a try..?

Adults can sometimes be bonded but this usually only after they are over 9 months old and their hormones have settled!

Have a look at the Barmy4Boars website for great information about bonding.

Think a lot of it depends on their individual personalities too.

Hmm so maybe there is hope Zub is just over 9 months and Harry is nearly 4 months so maybe in the summer i could try it. Barmy4boars was the site i heard it all from lol x

True... i really am confused as to my options i think harry may hate guineas in general lol any ideas?

no he just a boy, they often don't get on with other boys.. Just the way they are... maybe if you can get a pair of neutered sows for Harry and Zubin? Then they got company. I'm sure they'll be ok

Munchkin and Beni both hate other piggies but its just the way they are

I had a look at the Barmy4boars website and it helped me loads

Love
Claire
x

That would be great a pair of neutered sows but they are hard to come by in rescues usually boars are neutered as the op for sows is more risky but if anyone nos of two that need a home give me a shout x

If they are happy they don't have to be bonded either!

All of my own boars are singles but they all live in the same room so they can shout at each other to their hearts content! Some pigs just prefer to be alone. My guys are all rescue pigs that have either been used for breeding or bullied by previous partners so they like to be by themselves in their cages. I have tried pairings but it just doesn't work with them and they are like different pigs now they live as singletons! Just ask Ellie how friendly they are!

Don't feel that they have to be paired up - sometimes they are happiest by themselves where they can see and hear other pigs but enjoy their own living space.

On the other hand Kate's right they don't need to be paired up.. Tonic was on his own for a year and was perfectly fine, although he could chat to the girls through the bars!

Verity, you keep Harry and Zubin close to each other don't you? (I'm sure you mentioned that somewhere) They will be fine as they are. If they get lots of attention from you and your family to then they will be fine.

xx Kelly xx

I do keep boys together but in strict circumstances ie they are brothers and have been together since birth I have 3 in one run, or they are exceptionally laid back piggys like griffen was, or they just get along as Scrappy and demon do, BUT I do have 2 pigs that will not share and they are in between other runs alone so they can see feel and touch others for company funnily enough these two pigs love adult company patch ( patchypoo) and dobby, I occasionally try them with others but as of yet no luck and I certainly would never risk harming any of them in doing so, in other words yes it can be done but only in certain circumstances and you need time to watch and wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back