• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Boyfriend witnessed his first popcorning guinea pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
I haven't had a young guinea pig for a few years now and I wasn't with my boyfriend then .. so he just witnessed Lentil having a good ol' popcorning attack :))

He loves it when I make a cave with the duvet covers and goes popcorning crazy and my boyfriend thought it was hilarious. He couldn't believe how much it looks as if their having a seizure :p But yeah he found it rather amusing xx>>>

Hes had guinea pig all his life - well his parents have but hes never spent so much time with them as they weren't his responsibility.

I think Lentil was having fun too x)

mikulinek

Teenage Guinea Pig
Awww tell him I know exactly what he means :)

Our two boars are our first piggies and I knew absolutely nothing about them 5 months ago. When Biscuit first popcorned I rushed around looking for a vet because I thought he was having a fit! Now it's one of my favourite sights because I know how happy the boys are :)

Has he seen Lentil really zooming at break-neck speeds yet?

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Awww tell him I know exactly what he means :)

Our two boars are our first piggies and I knew absolutely nothing about them 5 months ago. When Biscuit first popcorned I rushed around looking for a vet because I thought he was having a fit! Now it's one of my favourite sights because I know how happy the boys are :)

Has he seen Lentil really zooming at break-neck speeds yet?
Yeah he has drool He was doing it yesterday! Going crazy and zooming around the room! Its so funny x)

lexybee91

:D That's so cute:DI love my piggies when they do that, it's so funny. We've got a long hair and he just like, his hair swooshes. xx

mikulinek

Teenage Guinea Pig
Swooooshy hair - fantastic!

Our Caramel has slightly longer hair and is a real zoomer too. I bet your BF was a little shocked at the zooming too. I remember when Caramel first zoomed at top speed - he kept banging in to things and I thought he was going to hurt himself!

What made you think of the name Lentil btw - it's really cool and v. different :)

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Swooooshy hair - fantastic!

Our Caramel has slightly longer hair and is a real zoomer too. I bet your BF was a little shocked at the zooming too. I remember when Caramel first zoomed at top speed - he kept banging in to things and I thought he was going to hurt himself!

What made you think of the name Lentil btw - it's really cool and v. different :)
Yeah he was a bit shocked as he didnt think they did that. As my other two will be in our room next week i think he'll be learning much more bout them -c

Well I like to give my animals good names - even thought my abby boars are Jake and hector :x lol

and my bf's mum came up with Lentil as he is nearly all orange like Lentil :)

**** is I keep calling him Fennel sometimes as it sounds similar and he only died 3 weeks ago.

glad you like it :)

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Its what young piggys tend to do though you do get the older pig who likes to have a jump around.

Its just basically expressing happiness by running around as fast as you can and jumping all over the place. 'jumping for joy'

My 7 month old is constantly doing it and now that Ive got a 10 week old in with him its going to be mental! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.