• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Breathing

BearAndPanda

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
After playing, bear was breathing and where I took a pic, I could see him breathing. Is that normal? EDIT: it’s hard to say whats happened

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 5
Of course a still image does not show us anything in terms of how hard he is breathing. i see mine breathe. it’s really if their sides are being pulled in when each breath and they are breathing very hard that you need to have it checked out. A one off after having been running around is probably not concerning but you should always see a vet if you are worried.

Of course a still image does not show us anything in terms of how hard he is breathing. i see mine breathe. it’s really if their sides are being pulled in when each breath and they are breathing very hard that you need to have it checked out. A one off after having been running around is probably not concerning but you should always see a vet if you are worried.
Could you give a description of how yours breath?

Just normal really! You can see their breaths without it being laboured - like it would be watching a person’s chest move when breathing.
if you watch a video of a piggy with laboured breathing due to being poorly it is very obvious that the piggy is struggling

Just normal really! You can see their breaths without it being laboured - like it would be watching a person’s chest move when breathing.
if you watch a video of a piggy with laboured breathing due to being poorly it is very obvious that the piggy is struggling
Oh ok! I’ve just realised that his breathing is like you described as a persons chest

Back