• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

breathing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpdfs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So Buddy has alwasy sneezed since we got him, I have never heard Lucy sneez, Lately Buddy has been making diff sound, he acts tottaly fine and doesnt act like hes sick or anything, but his breathing out his nose sounds different, hard to explain, But its sniffing like Idk, hard to explain like i said, Any ideas?

Doesnt seem like it, How would i know? Like i said he seems fine, eats, poops pees squeaks everything like normal.. its like sound like it does when we humans have stuffy noses I guess..

maybe hes got some dust up there? whats the hay like and what bedding do you use?

They. On towels. Have a bin with the egg carton type bedding and I use orchard grass and timothy hay

Try holding Buddy up to your ear and listening to his breathing. If there is wheezing or crackling you should be able to hear it and then I would recommend a visit to the vets. They would be signs of possible infection or genuine breathing difficulties.

If you want to hear normal breathing then listen to one of your other piggies first - you have to listen carefully past the tummy rumbling and chuckles mind!

I should add - put your ear against his ribs at the side, just behind his leg, and listen to his breathing. You won't have a stethoscope, but you should be able to hear clearly enough.

itrs not any wheezing or crackling, Its just like when we have a stuffy nose like a cold and we breath we can hear it more because its clogged up, But i dont know how to unclog his lol..

that sounds like my pig roddy,he quite often makes a silly noise for a while then sneezes and all is fine,i think he just gets hay up his nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back