• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

"breeders Don't Make Money"

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimzer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ok so I may have got myself in a little debate on a guinea pig page on Facebook. Someone was looking to buy guinea pigs and I pleasantly suggested that she should check any rescues if she has any near by. People were suggesting she goes to breeders and one even said guinea pigs from Breeders are easier to tame. What on earth? I said it would be better giving an unwanted piggy a home rather than going to someone in it for the money. I quickly got pounced upon for that statement and was told that breeders don't make money. They said they do it to better the line of guinea pigs which is fair enough but they seem to forget that there are so many backyard breeders out there who don't give two hoots about animal welfare and just do it for the money!

You were very right to stand up. It is a shame people get their knickers in a twist simply being corrected. It is only them making themselves a fool!

Good for you. :)

You were very right to stand up. It is a shame people get their knickers in a twist simply being corrected. It is only them making themselves a fool!

Good for you. :)
Thank you! I think the majority of them must be breeders themselves as they seem to be taking my comments quite personal!

It seems to me that most fart book guinea pig groups are run by breeders. Breeders cut corners to make money out of poor innocent guinea pigs and what nonsense to say they are easier to tame! Rescues handle their guinea pigs with love and care. I would leave that group if I were you.

It seems to me that most fart book guinea pig groups are run by breeders. Breeders cut corners to make money out of poor innocent guinea pigs and what nonsense to say they are easier to tame! Rescues handle their guinea pigs with love and care. I would leave that group if I were you.
I think that too. Seems obvious to me that guinea pigs at rescues will receive better care than from breeders. I hid the group from my page a while back but just had a quick look tonight. I can't help but leave a comment just to try and help people out and make them see sense but then you just get pounced on by people who don't agree with you.

I think that too. Seems obvious to me that guinea pigs at rescues will receive better care than from breeders. I hid the group from my page a while back but just had a quick look tonight. I can't help but leave a comment just to try and help people out and make them see sense but then you just get pounced on by people who don't agree with you.
It is lovely you care and want to promote rescues. Sadly, some people are to ignorant to change.

"fart book" - love, love it! :clap:Expresses my sentiments exactly.

I'm a member of one group on there now, and it's pro rescue.

The rest are just ugh, it frustrates me and they won't be educated.

I find it worse when your in an educational one and they say oh if your only breeding for yourself to keep them that's fine - what if circumstances change? -.-

I'm a member of one group on there now, and it's pro rescue.

The rest are just ugh, it frustrates me and they won't be educated.

I find it worse when your in an educational one and they say oh if your only breeding for yourself to keep them that's fine - what if circumstances change? -.-

I found a better group on FB with similar rules to this forum so it's much better. Exactly, we never know what the future holds! People who say they will keep them all might find themselves in a sticky situation if they are all boars! There are plenty of babies needing rescued so that fact they want a baby shouldn't be an excuse either. I could never intentionally allow my girls to get pregnant, poor things!

I found a better group on FB with similar rules to this forum so it's much better. Exactly, we never know what the future holds! People who say they will keep them all might find themselves in a sticky situation if they are all boars! There are plenty of babies needing rescued so that fact they want a baby shouldn't be an excuse either. I could never intentionally allow my girls to get pregnant, poor things!

Is it the one with members from here? If so I'm on that too! :)

I know, it's just cruel :(

That isn't good.

Applause to you for standing up and trying to make them see sense. Unfortunately, a lot of people who like breeders are breeders. I got Bacon from a breeder, sadly, but even though he was from a bad place I am so glad I have him. I am also pretty sure I got Eggs from an accidental litter... There are no rescues near me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back