• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarnivalPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey :). I've been having a debate (friendly but tense to be honest) to do with breeding. This person has 14 guinea pigs and is doing breeding, and is going to sell a few. They are saying there is way more pros to breeding than cons and nearly all breeders take care of the guinea pigs but I can't really believe that? I probably sounded childish, but can I type the conversation if I don't refer to who they are? I'd like to get some thoughts on this.

I don't think the rule is talking about breeding as a whole, right?

I think its about talking about wanting to breed them? As in the topic creator, and she obviously isn't.

I thought we were not allowed as it can get heated? Maybe I'm wrong then.
I'm really not sure! I just figured as it was just a question it was okay? Because shes trying to get someone not to breed them..?

The talk of breeding is prohibeted on the forum. I can imagine this would cause many arguments!

I am sorry about your upset, but please respect that we'd rather not re-open the old trenches as to the pros and cons of breeding on here. Many people feel very passionately about either side.

We respect those breeders who put the care, welfare and social needs of the piggies they are breeding before their own interests, but sadly, many breeders at least in Britain don't do so. Sadly, there is no definition or license as to what constitutes responsible breeding, and as as you can imagine, opinions differ widely on that score!

Whenever you get into any discussions, you should also always be careful to distinguish between commercial breeders and hobby breeders who are very careful to who they rehome any guinea pigs of theirs to.

There we go. Thanks guys. Wasn't 100% sure as it was just a question.

You can talk about the ethics of it, and that would perhaps be a good discussion, but keep it civil and no names or linking. :)

We also would ask our members to not repost non-forum members' conversations on here, as we will have to delete them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back