• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bubbling noise while sleeping

ami10515

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,
My guinea pig makes bubbly cute noises while sleeping, is this a good thing or should I be worried?

Could you describe the noise?
Noisy breathing can indicate respiratory infections, so it might be worth seeing a vet.

it’s not possible to know what exactly you mean, however any noisy breathing should always be checked by a vet as it can be a sign of a problem

its a sound he uses when he walks too sometimes like a bubble. I read somewhere that they do this when they dream

He doesnt do it constantly its like when he changes a position or like is sleeping and its like 4 bubbles then silent

its a sound he uses when he walks too sometimes like a bubble. I read somewhere that they do this when they dream
He doesnt do it constantly its like when he changes a position or like is sleeping and its like 4 bubbles then silent

i dont think you should rely on it being a dream...

I would still have him vet checked

Does anyone else have any ideas of what this could be? One of my guinea pigs, Oreo, does this as well, but it’s only when he’s sleeping and it’s very infrequent even still. You have to get very close to him to even hear it. We just came back from the vet a couple days ago as well as my other two, and he said they all sound great, and is pretty certain that the respiratory infection they had about a month ago is now completely cleared up.

Does anyone else have any ideas of what this could be? One of my guinea pigs, Oreo, does this as well, but it’s only when he’s sleeping and it’s very infrequent even still. You have to get very close to him to even hear it. We just came back from the vet a couple days ago as well as my other two, and he said they all sound great, and is pretty certain that the respiratory infection they had about a month ago is now completely cleared up.
We can’t say I’m afraid. It’s good you got him to the vet. It’s also better for you to start your own thread as this could have been missed.

Back