• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bug spray for guinea pigs?

Dilly's Piggies

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I can't be the only one, but I always freak out when taking my guinea pigs outside because of all the bugs! Flies and wasps especially are the worst, my piggies have almost been stung many times as wasps just land on them. Is there a bug spray or something that is safe for guinea pigs that will repel the bugs? I'm considering covering their runs with a mosquito net because my anxiety is so crazy... :eek:

Good idea to cover when outside. We have a like tennis racket that electric, & shocks them. You have to keep them on there for a while otherwise they fly off. No doing Bee's though, we need them.

Good idea to cover when outside. We have a like tennis racket that electric, & shocks them. You have to keep them on there for a while otherwise they fly off. No doing Bee's though, we need them.
Bees haven't caused any problems, it's the wasps that are the biggest offender, I just want to sit outside and relax with my piggies but all of us are on edge because of the wasps! I'm gonna get in the covered run with them haha...

In B&M they do nets that are supposed to stop insects, I think home base do them too.
Otherwise Rosebys For nets. All these shops probably closed down years ago, well I am a bit ancient. Lol

Bees haven't caused any problems, it's the wasps that are the biggest offender, I just want to sit outside and relax with my piggies but all of us are on edge because of the wasps! I'm gonna get in the covered run with them haha...
Yes for bees, all else fry them. I have a tennis racket.

Back