Building a c&c home

Kim_S

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to being a Guinea pig mommy, i am adopting 2 from a rescue centre and after a bit of advice please

I have not got room for a 4x2 cage but i can fit a 3x3 with a loft will this be big enough for them?

Thank you

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
What sex are your piggies? A 3x3 will be fine for two sows, but it won’t be big enough for two boars.
you’d need a 4x3 for two boars.

loft spaces do not count towards the cage size.

EDIT - just seen your user name - does this mean you do have two boars? (Not sure if it means two human boys or two piggy boys!)

as per my comment above, two boars need more space and a 3x3 would be pushing it.
for two boars a 4x2 would be too small as well, they need a 5x2.

the easiest way to roughly compare is that a 4x2 (big enough for two sows) uses 12 grids, so you can then configure your cage using those 12, so a 3x3 is comparable as it also uses 12 grids
for two boars a 5x2 which uses 14 grids, so again, you can then configure those 14 grids.
(there are obviously limitations to that guide as you can’t have a cage one grid wide)

Kim_S

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for that, the user name is my kids i tried every variation of my name and they were already used 🤣

I dont know what I'll be having at the moment the lady at the rescue centre has 4 pregnant mommys but no adult's that need re homing so I'll be having 2 babies

Thank you for your advice, they will be in our living room, i will have to ask her for sows as our room isn't the biggest and i obviously want them to have a happy life with us

Kim_S

New Born Pup
Reaction score
We actually recommend 5 x 2 for 2 boars in our rescue wherever possible.
I will ask for girls, sorry my username is confusing its my kids, all variations of my name were already used

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score

Kim_S

New Born Pup
Reaction score