• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Building C&C today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
All the stuff came from eBay and Teacrate today :)

I have a basic 2x5 cage done, but I'm having trouble adding the upper level. Pics to follow if/when I ever finish.

OH is very annoyed with me for spending money on the animals, but the stuff is here now so he's too late :))

OK here we go:

DSC01776-1.jpg

Basic shell

DSC01777-1.jpg

With upper level added

DSC01780-1.jpg

With ramp and fleece added (one day I will get round to buying matching fleece!)

DSC01782-1.jpg

With hayloft

DSC01786-1.jpg

Boys exploring

DSC01790-1.jpg

Figuring out the ramp

DSC01795.jpg

Ruffle finally made it to the hay loft!

Hi

That is brilliant.

We want to do a C&c cage ourselves . We want to put it across the kitchen on the back wall. We will have to split it in the middle though as one of our pigs is a horror always rumbling to the other one. I am too frightened to leave let them be together in case they fight.

We went to b&Q yesterday but they did not have the wire cubes in stock.

Were did you buy yours (website address please) / roughley how much did that cost so i get a idea?

and would you recommend them / i am always weary of buying anything over the internet

Thanks very much

I have just looked on the site and noticed they are based in Warrington / that is not far from us.

I am going to give them a call to see if we can pop up there on Saturday and buy and collect. That will save me taking a day off work.

Also what do you use for the bottom of the cage?

WOW well done you, we have just bought the grids will be building them up soon, hope mine looks half as good as yours.

Your piggies look so proud of their new home. Fabulousx)

Hi Just to let you know i contacted the website for the wire cubes today in Warrington.

I have ordered 2 boxes and i can collect them direct tomorrow.

Very excited now can not wait to build it.

Correx is ordered and will get that next week.

We are looking at 2 cubes width and five across going across our back kitchen wall / i hope it is going to be big enough for them.

I am going to sell my dining room table and chairs this weekend and going to buy a smaller bistro style table as there is only 2 of us and we never sit on it unless its Christmas lol

That sounds good.

I don't think i will be able to do a hay loft (will see when it is set up) as i am going to have to divide it in the middle.

I bought 2 boars January and within the first week had to take one back to Pets at home as he was not well. He ended up on injections through a bad case of mites apparently it was something to do with thier hay batch. I believe a lot of animals came back due to this (Fudge was ok).

So Sid was away from fudge for 7 weeks . They were going to put him up for adoption if we did not want to buy him again. I felt awful about this and decided to get him.

I had to buy him another cage as they said there may be fighting.

So i now had fudge in a rabbit 100 cage as we bought the big one for the 2 of them / then had to put Sid in a small one. I do not feel comfortable with animals in small cages.

I have tried putting them together but Sid rumbles a lot and i am the one which gets totally stressed out by this .

My friend looked after them at her home when we went on holiday. She let them both out together in her kitchen (she has been a owner of 2 guinea pigs) She said they rumbled a lot but were ok.

I tried it and Sid started growling / it freaked me out completely.

So i have decided to go for the C&C cage / i only came across them last week and thought brilliant i want one lol.

I am going to do a divider in the middle for now. / maybe one day i will be brave enough to put them together and not freak out. The other option is to have them both neutered but i am scared they don't make it with the anaesthetic.(these pigs are treated like babies lol).

Maybe one day i will be able to do it with a hay loft but until then i will keep it ground level.

If anything happened to them in the future and i decide i want other piggies i will definitely take rescues on this site. I only found this site after i had bought them from Pets at home.
Maybe i will be fortunate enough to get 2 what have really bonded. (that's what i wanted in the first place). But until them my boys are with me until the unmentionable happens as i would not part with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back