• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bunny Basic Nuggets Sample

Toots33

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

On Tuesday I rehomed two guinea pigs, Lily and Rosebud (now Rosie as I kept saying Rosewood by mistake) from Cavy Corner who have been eating Harrington's nuggets which they seem to love. However I'm already seeing lots of calcium deposits on the fleece. After my experience of Elsa (who we sadly lost last week) having a bladder stone and Sven having IC I'm really mindful of feeding the right diet and I'm worried that the nuggets could be the issue. I'm only feeding a small amount but there is still lots of calcium. Sven doesn't have any pellets because of her IC as we were advised to stop them by the vet and she copes really well on the IC diet and lots of hay.

I've got some JR Farm grainless that I'm going to try them with but I'd also like to try the Bunny Basic however I'm reluctant to buy a 4kg bag in case they don't like it. Sorry to be cheeky but would anyone be able to send me a sample for them to try. I really want to get their diet right from start to try and minimise the risk of them having the same problems as Sven and Elsa.

@Toots33
No problem, I had a spare jiffy bag and the postage didn't cost much so problemo.

Hope the piggies enjoy them..in that perhaps that could be the reward, if the piggies enjoy then how about sharing a photo of the om nomming them! It's like a reward for everyone...:nod:

This forum is the loveliest place :luv:

Yeah, it's not a bad old place to be honest...well it can't be I've been hanging around for 8 years - crikey no idea how that happened! Must be all the daft people around here:flag::raz:

@Toots33
Did you get the food okay?

Hi,

The food arrived today and the piggies have been sampling it this evening. So far so good and I'll post some pictures when they sit still long enough :nod:

Thank you so much for sending that to me, it was really helpful and saved me wasting a lot of money on food that they may not have liked!

Does bunny basics have added Vit C? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that Rabbit Food was unsuitable for piggies.

Oh right thanks for the explantion how confusing! Knowing my lot they would turn up there noses at it. They are on Harringtons at the mo and love it! They don't have calcium deposit wees unless I give them too much kale or spinach.

Hi,

The food arrived today and the piggies have been sampling it this evening. So far so good and I'll post some pictures when they sit still long enough :nod:

Thank you so much for sending that to me, it was really helpful and saved me wasting a lot of money on food that they may not have liked!

Excellent, so glad it arrived, and hopefully plenty enough to see you through if they take a real liking for it.

Back