• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
I’m wanting the opinion of those who have the Bunny business folding sheltered rabbit run
How do you find it in terms of durability and build quality? I’m wanting to get another run for outdoors and looking at that one. But a couple of reviews have commented on it not being that good.

TIA

HI @Siikibam I have one of these. I have probably had it about a year now and it has been outside all that time. I have had to strengthen it with brackets as it started to collapse (to be fair, it did get blown about a bit by the wind which is my fault for not putting it away). It is a bit tricky to move around as it does fold up on itself, but when it's in place it's fine...I have added a catch to keep the top doors secured shut. I would say it's good if you don't plan to move it around too much! I wouldn't leave the piggies out in it unattended as it wouldn't take much for a fox to get into it (however, we live in quite a rural area so this is more of a problem) :)

Hi, I bought that one last summer.
Pros: it’s nice and secure with the covered lid.
The shelter part is good for making them feel secure.
It’s so big I can actually climb in if I need to.
Can fold it away over winter and store in shed (what I did)
Con: yes it is foldable but not when the top is screwed on with the hinges.
When the top is on it’s hard to move, you really need two people.

So this is our second summer, it’s still fine and works for what I need. I think if it had been left out over winter it would not be in such good condition. It’s standard build, not super quality but not totally awful.

Hope that helps :)

Riverside Hutches used to make a foldable run, which I was thinking of buying. I think they sell on eBay now, rather than via their own website. If the bunny Business one seems a bit undurable, you could have a look and compare with that maybe.

Thanks for the replies. @4pigs&counting and @Guineautopia
@Qualcast&Flymo they don’t seem to have it on their eBay shop. I really need something that can be folded away as I wouldn’t want to leave it out in the elements. If the bunny business one is only foldable without the top screwed on then it’s not right for me. There’s some others I saw, I’ll put links and see if anyone else has it and would recommend it.

There’s this one. Or the one from Rabbit hutch, though I think the large would be a better size. They don’t run around much when outside. It’s more a case of munch and sleep.

Thanks for the replies. @4pigs&counting and @Guineautopia
@Qualcast&Flymo they don’t seem to have it on their eBay shop. I really need something that can be folded away as I wouldn’t want to leave it out in the elements. If the bunny business one is only foldable without the top screwed on then it’s not right for me. There’s some others I saw, I’ll put links and see if anyone else has it and would recommend it.
Yep, I couldn't see an obvious one, though it's difficult on ebay as they don't use their business name. You could always email them and ask, their seller info says they do all types and they used to have a folding one.

I’ve sent them a message, I’ll see what they come back with.

There’s also these from home & roost. In the meantime I’ll just have to supervise and improvise on a cover.

I have the bunny business one. We move it in and out as needed. I’ve not screwed the lid on, it rests securely enough on the top but we don’t have little kids that might fiddle with it. It’s holding up fine for being moved about a fair bit.

Or the one from Rabbit hutch, though I think the large would be a better size. They don’t run around much when outside. It’s more a case of munch and sleep.

I have the one from Rabbit Hutch and I like it. The small one is OK for 2 or a max of 3 piggies but a bit small for 5! I have another run though so I have 3 in one run and two in the other. It folds up completely and is easy to move around the garden and to store in the garage.

I have the bunny business one. We move it in and out as needed. I’ve not screwed the lid on, it rests securely enough on the top but we don’t have little kids that might fiddle with it. It’s holding up fine for being moved about a fair bit.
I have kids who forget and lean on the cage so I’m not entirely sure that would be good. Though I was thinking I could add hinges or hook and nail so the cover can be secured while in use.
I have the one from Rabbit Hutch and I like it. The small one is OK for 2 or a max of 3 piggies but a bit small for 5! I have another run though so I have 3 in one run and two in the other. It folds up completely and is easy to move around the garden and to store in the garage.
That sounds good. I’ve only got the two piggies. I was ‘browsing’ today but I shall resist 😁😳

The Rabbit Hutch one comes with 2 clasps that you can put a padlock on if you want to secure the lid. I didn't bother though.

I also have one of these metal runs - Kerbl Metal Run with escape barrier - you wouldn't want to move it around everyday as it is a bit fiddly however, it does fold up flat for storage if you want to put it away over the winter. I like the fact it can be secured into the ground with the metal spikes at each corner. I has lots of different opening options so you could easily attach a runaround pipe, for example. It also comes with a sunshade.

The Rabbit Hutch one comes with 2 clasps that you can put a padlock on if you want to secure the lid. I didn't bother though.
@Betsy, I am loooking at replacing my current outdoor run, as it's been battered to death by my son's football skills, and was wondering about one of these. I take it that you have to take the lid off to fold the run (whether it's the medium or large)? And when the lid is on the run the clasps you metion can hold it there securely without a padlock? I'm not too worried at the moment about foxes flipping the catch and pushing the lid off as foxes are unusual in daytime round here, but I'm hoping to move some time sooon ... and one never knows how adept other foxes might be!
Can you move the run when it is in its un-folded, open state, or does it start to collapse if you try that?
Thanks for your help :nod:

It does tend to fold a bit if the lid isn't on when you move it it but it is easy to sort out. Yes you do have to take the lid off to fold the run.

Back