• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Burgess recovery food long term

Yin

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi I would like some advice on the feeding my poorly Bill recovery food long term. He had had his teeth trimmed twice now and ive been feeding him mushed up burgess dual care. (Back on Monday again) I know that this is going to be for a while now as figuring out whats wrong and if he even gets better 😢. So my question is can I use his normal pellets instead ? Or mix it up mainly to help make it go further and give him variety as I jusy dont know how long I will be doing this. I currently have burgess oregano and blackcurrent and science select. Thank you for any advice

Hi I would like some advice on the feeding my poorly Bill recovery food long term. He had had his teeth trimmed twice now and ive been feeding him mushed up burgess dual care. (Back on Monday again) I know that this is going to be for a while now as figuring out whats wrong and if he even gets better 😢. So my question is can I use his normal pellets instead ? Or mix it up mainly to help make it go further and give him variety as I jusy dont know how long I will be doing this. I currently have burgess oregano and blackcurrent and science select. Thank you for any advice

You can either feed mushed up pellets or a mix; that is in your discretion. Unfortunately dental problems may need to take several rounds to sort out or may even take life long support depending on the problem, but that is @furryfriends (TEAS) 's area of experience.

You can either feed mushed up pellets or a mix; that is in your discretion. Unfortunately dental problems may need to take several rounds to sort out or may even take life long support depending on the problem, but that is @furryfriends (TEAS) 's area of experience.

Thanks. Yes I know he will have a few rounds of dental to solve the problem if it ever gets resolved 😢 I just need to know if the mushed pellets will be good for him as he isnt eating his hay 😢 or should I stick to the Burgess dualcare

Thanks. Yes I know he will have a few rounds of dental to solve the problem if it ever gets resolved 😢 I just need to know if the mushed pellets will be good for him as he isnt eating his hay 😢 or should I stick to the Burgess dualcare

@furryfriends (TEAS) has been running a sanctuary for guinea pigs with chronic dental problems for years now (The Excellent Adventure Sanctuary for guinea pigs with special needs, i.e. TEAS); there is no other person with that kind of experience in caring for dental piggies like her in this country. The Excellent Adventure Sanctuary (for guinea pigs with extra needs)

What you can do is to see whether your boy can still eat some fresh grass, it contains the same amount of silica and fibre than the dry version (hay) in addition to the mush feed. Keeping up the weight is currently your priority. Any artificial feeding product as a lower fibre content than hay, so it is ultimately your choice what you feed as long as your boy is happy to eat what you serve.

Reactions: Yin
@furryfriends (TEAS) runs has been running a sanctuary for guinea pigs with chronic dental problems for years now (The Excellent Adventure Sanctuary for guinea pigs with special needs, i.e. TEAS); there is no other person with that kind of experience in caring for dental piggies like her in this country. The Excellent Adventure Sanctuary (for guinea pigs with extra needs)

What you can do is to see whether your boy can still eat some fresh grass, it contains the same amount of silica and fibre than the dry version (hay) in addition to the mush feed. Keeping up the weight is currently your priority. Any artificial feeding product as a lower fibre content than hay, so it is ultimately your choice what you feed as long as your boy is happy to eat what you serve.
Thanks so much. Unfortunetly I don't have access to grass..... maybe I can try get some from a friends garden 🤷🏻‍♀️. I think i will stick to tge burgess dualcare for now and see what the next few days bring..... its just been so long now and hes lost so much weight 😢 he now waits for me to come with his syringe 😢

Back