• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

BURGESS SUPA GUINEA "GUINEA PIG MIX"

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michele

Hi Everybody,

I thought I would make a review page for each food so then people can read through each review and can then decide which is best for them.

On this thread please only write a review on what you think of the food the topic is about and then out of five stars ***** give it the number you think it should get. (5 stars = best)

Your review should look like this....

"I think.... <write your review>

*** (3 stars)"

If you would like to discuss this particular food or ask any questions, please start a new thread or find the approriate thread to post in.

Thanks

My piggies love this. recommend this. Its a good alternative to the Gerty stuff too.

i give this ***** 5 stars

My Tiger seems to like it, but then he eats everything within grasp anyway so not sure how good a recommendation that is!
At the moment he lives with George our rabbit (I since found out that this is not a good idea although the vet told me its not problem to keep them together, They are very close and like to snuggle up together so we are thinking of getting another hutch and pen alongside the one we have, adopting another piggie, and seeing how they get on, maybe letting them all play out together during the day but putting the 2 piggies to bed in the smaller hutch and Bunny on his own at night.... We don't really want to separate George and Tiger, but another problem is that Tiger likes to sleep in the bedroom, and George likes to use it as his personal toilet!)

Anyway back to food - the pet shop advised us that Tiger has to have guineapig food, he can't really have rabbit food as it doesn't have the vit c, so both George and Tiger are on Burgess Supa Guinea :) They seem to like it well enough...
Tiger has also broken into a bag of Russel Junior rabbit food however and quite happily stuffed his face before I removed him (squeaking in protest!) so I don't really have anything to compare the Supa Guinea to.

I give it **** (4 stars) as both of them like it.

i started my piggies with wagg guinea pig food but they didnt like it much, so then i tries super guinea and they liked it, so i buy a big 15kg bag, and it lasts then about a month, maybe a bit longer.
They eat the big flakes but leave the very small pellets.

Thanks for starting this thred. I have just recently got my 2 georgious guinies so it is all new to us. Thought Gerty was good for them but obviously not by the sounds of it. Although they liked it, my vet centre sells the Burgess food for Guinies so I am going to pop there and grab a bag - sounds good O0 O0 O0 O0

Hi everyone i am using pets at home museli but my pigs are eating what they like and leaving the same bits everyday is burgess supa the pellet type that all looks the same or does it look like museli and also were can i get some?

Seems that you can get hold of this stuff from a good veterinary centre that stocks GP food, you can also buy it off the net but you will have to pay the P&P but all the prices for the food seem comparable - good luck O0

All of my piggies love this and don't seem to leave any. I buy a big sack about once a month.

The only problem is the protein my pigs seem to like it (well they eat anything lol :D)

I give it

** stars

well ive just started using this as my group have gone totally off the P@h muesli so ive started mixing with the p@h pelletts and this

i used this to start with and i found they only ate what they liked out of it.

*** stars

mine like this but leave some of the little bits at the bottom
*** 3 stars

My four eat most of it but leave some of the tiny bits.

When we first had Sam and his brother Snug, we used to give them Gerty and they ate quite it fairly well (Sam would eat anything, I think!), but after Snug died and we got Roo, Roo would not eat Gerty at all, so we changed to this.

my piggy hate it they do preferre the guinea pig food which have more in as they all the different bits to it so i give a 0

we tried giving this to our piggies after eating gerty and they just looked at the bowl and then looked at us giving us that "we're not gonna eat this" look!

as soon as we put the gerty back in they were munching away again.

My piggies were fed on the nuggets when we got them and they seem to love it. I am worried about changing it as I don't want them to leave bits and get an unbalanced diet. They do have resh veg etc so maybe I'll try the supa and see how they go.

hi there peeps ive just emailed burgess and there sending me a load of samples so i will let you all know weather its a success with my boys but from what ive read on here it seems to be a good quality food

I have tryed this but my piggies just dont seem to like it, though they are fussy piggies and tend to prefer there veg and roughage. I think my eldest piggie just stuck in her ways :)

I use the supa burgess nuggets and they seem to be popular.

They smell good as well.:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back