• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Butternut squash leaves?!

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
Just wondering as can’t seem to find an answer?!
Are butternut squash leaves ok for piglets (are safe for humanoids I’ve read!)? At my sisters and she’s really got into her gardening with the kids this year, there’s loads of the things!
Jess was stuck in her ways and probably wouldn’t go near but bet my porky pair would love tucking in if they’re safe! :drool::nod:
Thanks! :)

I'm growing butternut squash too. I'm not sure if they would be safe for piggies to eat or not. I find the leaves to be a bit thorny and prickly so I wouldn't feed them to piggies because of that. But I am following this in case this is possible.

Some of these younger leaves aren’t looking too spiky but after the last couple of months don’t need any more issues! So if you wouldn’t recommend @Bill & Ted then I’ll stay away! Will pinch some grass and play with my bestie instead then! Sure my monsters are spoilt enough :)):nod: You know what I’m like, pigs eat far better than me! 🙄🤦‍♀️
54C1556A-AFAE-408E-B9DD-5E1BA2299B4A.jpeg

Back