• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Buttons has a hay poke

Very pleased to hear that Buttons is on the mend.

At the moment I’d probably win the „Miss Unpopular 2021“ title with flying colours if it you asked the piggies :))

I most certainly wasn't Mrs Popular with Meg last year. Meg hates being handled and hates eye drops. She had haypoke so bad in her right eye that it needed Chloramphenicol, Viscotears and Remegel 3 times a day with half an hour in between each dose. So with 3 lots of eyedrops 3 times a day and being picked up
9 times a day until the eye was better 8 weeks later :yikes: :yikes: I think it's safe to say I wasn't her favourite Slave. But I saved her eye and while it is droopy as she has partial facial paralysis on her right side she can see out of it.

Very pleased to hear that Buttons is on the mend.

I most certainly wasn't Mrs Popular with Meg last year. Meg hates being handled and hates eye drops. She had haypoke so bad in her right eye that it needed Chloramphenicol, Viscotears and Remegel 3 times a day with half an hour in between each dose. So with 3 lots of eyedrops 3 times a day and being picked up
9 times a day until the eye was better 8 weeks later :yikes: :yikes: I think it's safe to say I wasn't her favourite Slave. But I saved her eye and while it is droopy as she has partial facial paralysis on her right side she can see out of it.
Oh my, poor Meg! I can only imagine how very unpopular you were with her :)) Glad you could save her eye though. How great would it be if there was a way for us to tell them that we’re only doing what we’re doing to help them?

Almost forgot to update this thread. Buttons had her (hopefully) last vet check up on Saturday. Her eye is fully healed without any permanent damage!

However, the poor girl‘s now got suspected mites. I noticed her scratching and biting a lot more after our second vet visit a couple of weeks ago so mentioned it to the vets on Saturday and he prescribed Xeno 450. So we’re currently treating her and Cornelius. Hopefully it‘ll do the trick - really don’t want to drag her to the vets again. Poor girl gets so stressed she even gets soft poos for a day! Her weight has dropped ever so slightly but I‘ve decided to wait & see if she puts it back on herself; don’t want to stress her further with syringe feeds and she seems to be stable so far. She‘s such a delicate little piggy, bless her x

Almost forgot to update this thread. Buttons had her (hopefully) last vet check up on Saturday. Her eye is fully healed without any permanent damage!

However, the poor girl‘s now got suspected mites. I noticed her scratching and biting a lot more after our second vet visit a couple of weeks ago so mentioned it to the vets on Saturday and he prescribed Xeno 450. So we’re currently treating her and Cornelius. Hopefully it‘ll do the trick - really don’t want to drag her to the vets again. Poor girl gets so stressed she even gets soft poos for a day! Her weight has dropped ever so slightly but I‘ve decided to wait & see if she puts it back on herself; don’t want to stress her further with syringe feeds and she seems to be stable so far. She‘s such a delicate little piggy, bless her x
Good to hear her eye is better, hopefully the mites will be long gone very quickly x

Back