C and c cage ideas

Sherbert and Leia

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi
I am going to make a c and c cage today and I would like some ideas of cage setup and sizes. I have 2 female guinea pigs. Pls could you post some photos of c and c cage setups. Thx

rp1993

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Here is our current set up, with have two boys so the cage is 180cm X 70cm, the loft is a 2x1 and we have a hay tray up there. The piggies favourite spots are in the corner under the loft or hiding under the bath mat that is draped over the ramp! BDBF17CC-BC8D-4F35-B57B-1DD7EAD199C2.jpeg

Fantasimo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Let us know what you went with! I decided on a two tier option. I’ve since dismantled the smaller level as they didn’t use it, but having a separate kitchen has been really good for keeping the messy stuff in one area. It’s a 5x2.

2F3FEC5E-D439-4958-8DD2-DD06F4C0A0B5.jpeg

Lisha

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I find that by using the trays (£1 each kitty litter trays from poundland) it keeps a lot of the pees and poops in one place making for less smelly piggy home and easier to clean. Also we've only had to replace these once and we've had our guinea pigs for 8 months now 🤞🏽

Pigoles

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I find that by using the trays (£1 each kitty litter trays from poundland) it keeps a lot of the pees and poops in one place making for less smelly piggy home and easier to clean. Also we've only had to replace these once and we've had our guinea pigs for 8 months now 🤞🏽
I used litter trays also (filled with a layer of woodshavings, then hay) and placed under the under hang of the loft, meant most poops and all wees were easily cleaned.