• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

C&c Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florrieberry

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Please could somebody advise me if this is a good deal and decent stuff for making a C&C cage? I was thinking of buying the 5 x2 pack for £31. Do I need to buy the roof as a roof pack or could I just buy 2 regular packs to make a roof and loft? Are roofs and lofts made from the same panelling ? Presume I need support bars under the loft?
Also is this the correct way to make a ramp, ie cut hole in flooring (presume do same in Coroplast loft floor?) Still holes in ramp and attach with wire ties? Thank you, all advice much appreciated. (I will get there in the end!)

That sounds like a fair deal to me. All parts of a cage are made from the same panelling. You can strengthen the lid with additional rods and attach the ramp with cable ties. The ramp itself is often simply a bent into shape grid. You cut the correx with a stanley knife and fix it with duct tape on the outside.

Thanks. I decided to buy the 26 panel diy set for £40, and have just found a supplier of correx nearby , big sheet for about £9. So am going to see how it goes together and if a 5 x 2 will fit in the room, otherwise it will have to be a 4 x 2, (3 piggies, get out 2 hours per night as well into large pen indoors) both with /without loft or lid, as yet to be decided depending on whether cage is staying on the coffee tables or going on floor!
Currently being encouraged to swap bedding from shavings and hay, tho at the mo they seem to be fine on it

Please measure out the dimensions on the correx before you cut. To fold over the sides, you cut the plastic sheet only halfway through from the underside. mark those lines with a different pen. You can correct mistakes with duct tape if necessary, but it is going to look untidier.

Good luck with the building, it sounds a fair buy to me. The grid prices are going up by the second!

Good luck with the building, it sounds a fair buy to me. The grid prices are going up by the second!
Got in just in time then. Got my correx today, and as it was a bit wide to go in the car the guy scored and folded the width for me according to the template I found on the site of my panel purchase, so half job done! haven't decided on length yet so there was still 8 ft of it to get in car, had to drive with it over my head!

Got in just in time then. Got my correx today, and as it was a bit wide to go in the car the guy scored and folded the width for me according to the template I found on the site of my panel purchase, so half job done! haven't decided on length yet so there was still 8 ft of it to get in car, had to drive with it over my head!
Having to measure it from scratch is such a fiddle, you are lucky it was scored and folded for you!

Yep, only have to do the ends when I decide if I can fit 4 or 5 panels in the room! Just await my parcel of cubes now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back