C + C Cage In A Shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank288

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Is it possible to use a c and c cage inside a shed? I have no way I can bring them inside as My boyfriend is really allergic to guinea pig hair. Currently they live in hutches in the shed but I would really like to build them a c and c cage to give them more room to run around. They live in the shed all year round with tons of hay and shelters for the winter. Would a c and c cage be too open for a shed? I would also make sure the door was open in the summer to prevent overheating and build a lid to protect from predators.
Any advice welcome, thanks.

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So long as the shed is well insulated and strong, it should be ok. @BossHogg may be able to help.

You could make a c&c roof for protection. :)

BossHogg

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine are in hutches in the shed, I suppose you could build an inner mesh door to stop cats and other unwanted visitors getting to them. :tu:

Hank288

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Would they get too cold in a c and c cage do you think? Just worry about it being really draughty in there. If not I might just look for a new hutch.
I would definitely stop un wanted visitors.

AuntyC

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
If you have room, you could look at building your C&C on top of a big enough trestle table, or improvise a table with crates, wood offcuts etc. that would lift it off the floor and be a bit warmer perhaps. Good insulation and securing against other four legged creatures would be other priorities. Have fun seeing what you can do! :nod:

Veggies Galore

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
My guinea pugs are in a shed and I started off with a C&C but , although I adore C&C cages, I didn't feel they would be safe should something get into the shed . I have now had an indoor hutch made and I have better peace of mind .

Status
Not open for further replies.