• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

C&c Cage...

*Gemma*

Junior Guinea Pig
Just placed my order with Ziggys Piggies for some new cage liners, so excited.
Ordering their 2x4 c&c cage on Tuesday & I have a question... I'm ordering one with a lid as I have a cat, & I'm wondering wether to get the loft with it.. is their enough space underneath it? Is the loft worth It? I’ve attached the picture if anyone has this one or any advice wether to get it or not bother. I was planning to keep their loft as the kitchen area so they have more room on the main level..

80CC043D-1574-4795-AB25-C7417CD9F6A5.jpeg

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2017/18
Mine love their lofts but I think it depends on the piggys. I would order it and see how they go, extra grids always come in handy for something if they don't like the loft. You may find it takes a while for them to get used to the ramp, the shallower you can have the ramp the better. I have extra grids, I've used them as an emergency extra cage and to block electric cables off at floor time.

*Gemma*

Junior Guinea Pig
Mine love their lofts but I think it depends on the piggys. I would order it and see how they go, extra grids always come in handy for something if they don't like the loft. You may find it takes a while for them to get used to the ramp, the shallower you can have the ramp the better. I have extra grids, I've used them as an emergency extra cage and to block electric cables off at floor time.
Thank you, I think I'm gonna get it anyway & hopefully they will use it. It' Just cause the loft is inside rather than on top of the c&c cage, I didn't know how far down it would come.

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2017/18
I deliberately built mine lower like that even though I don't have a lid, it means the ramp is at a shallower angle. Although we aren't using a ramp yet as they are still young and agile enough to jump up the log tunnel.
SUNP0014.JPG

Ella2006

New Born Pup
Ordering their 2x4 c&c cage on Tuesday & I have a question... I'm ordering one with a lid as I have a cat, & I'm wondering wether to get the loft with it.. is their enough space underneath it? Is the loft worth It? I’ve attached the picture if anyone has this one or any advice wether to get it or not bother. I was planning to keep their loft as the kitchen area so they have more room on the main level..

View attachment 83098

View attachment 83098
Looks amazing! Where did you buy this from?

Merab's Slave

Forum Donator 2017/18
Looks great - lucky piggies.
I didn’t build the loft in the end as the cage ended partly under a table and the loft doesn’t fit.
I have found the spare grids very useful for creating a smaller space if I need to catch all 3 girls - usually at nail clipping time.