• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

C&C cage

*pippin*

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I want to build a C&C cage for my guinea pig, can anyone give me the link to where they bought theirs? I just want to make sure i'm getting a good cage :)

I got my grids and correx from C&C Guinea Pig Cages - Home - c and c guinea pig cages - you could perhaps get the pieces cheaper if you bought them separately but getting them from this website (correx pre-scored etc) is possibly more convenient (assuming you are in the UK, other members may know of websites in the US or elsewhere).

I got 36 grids from Amazon for 39.99, by far the cheapest I found. I have 2 boars and have set up a sleeping area, loft area and run. Might be worth ordering extra connectors.
My 2 were introduced to each other in there and stayed in there. We have a hay loft only the dominant one has figured how to get into so he chills out in there. Mine is an odd shape as it goes under the stairs too but it's so much better than a cage

Amazon is the cheapest I've found the grids. SONGMICS 9 Cubes Metal Wire... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07877YSBY?ref=yo_pop_ma_share

I purchased two lots of the white, 9cube storage units, (two different occasions) and this has made me 2, 2x4 areas for my two sow pairs. The elevation obviously used more grids than I found it was on the floor, but I needed this in order to fit these sizes in.

I purchased "floor protection" sheet from wickes, for £3 and this made both bases for my c&cs.

Amazon is the cheapest I've found the grids. SONGMICS 9 Cubes Metal Wire... SONGMICS 9 Cubes Metal Wire Storage Rack, Interlocking Shelving Unit with Metal Wire Shelves and PP Plastic Sheets for Book Shoes Toys Clothes Tools, in Living Room Bathroom 93 x 31 x 93 cm LPI115W: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

I purchased two lots of the white, 9cube storage units, (two different occasions) and this has made me 2, 2x4 areas for my two sow pairs. The elevation obviously used more grids than I found it was on the floor, but I needed this in order to fit these sizes in.

I purchased "floor protection" sheet from wickes, for £3 and this made both bases for my c&cs.
Is this a good base? I have been looking at these sheets myself :)

Amazing will give it a go, thank you!
It is thinner than most correx, so when scoring the sides just be careful not to score the whole way through and cut the base. For £3.50 though, even if you mess up, it works out so much cheaper to buy just another one, or can fix errors with black duct tape :)

Back