• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

C & C Cages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach_91

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Since I've been on this forum last few days I've noticed a lot of you guys advise getting c and c cages as you can make them as big as you want, I'm in the uk so where and how do I go about making one all info greatly appreciated and photos if you could!

Since I've been on this forum last few days I've noticed a lot of you guys advise getting c and c cages as you can make them as big as you want, I'm in the uk so where and how do I go about making one all info greatly appreciated and photos if you could!
Idk about where in the UK you can get them, but I ordered the Whitmor grid shelving unit from Amazon for the US. It was just $20 for 23 grids, which I think is about 17 euros, and then I bought a sheet of corrugated plastic from a hardware store here, for about $10, which is like 9 euros. The grids I got are 14 by 14 inches, and fasten together really easily, like legos or tinker toys if you ever played with those.

Anyways, I really recommend buying a GRID SHELVING SYSTEM, because that's basically what the C&C cages are on the website, only they charge you so so so much more. Then look for a sheet of corrugated plastic to use as a base. Once I got my grids, I made the cage 2x2 grids, with a top and a bottom, and had it lifted up so there's a shelf underneath. I wanted to make it 2x3 grids, but I had to sacrifice space to keep my Tuulikki safe from the cat. The corrugated plastic was smaller than I wanted, but it works alright, you make it into a shallow box and place it in the cage. I line mine with a few layers of newspaper and then anti-pill fleece on top.

If you don't have any other pets that might break into the cage, then you don't need a top to the cage since guinea pigs can't jump over it. Also, if you're not gonna have it set up on shelves, then you don't need a bottom either because you'll have the plastic liner. It's really easy to put together, and relatively cheap if you know where to get the right materials. I'll take a picture and post it later!

Try alsogrendle seller on Amazon for the cages and thealuminiumshop seller on ebay for the correx to go in it.

I can recommend both.

Grids are sold on Amazon for shelves as Seville Storage Cubes (you can search that on amazon or on ebay). They are exactly the same as you'd get if you buy a c and c cage online from alsogrendle (although black grids sold as storage cubes cost more than white ones).

A few months ago prices for buying the seville storage cubes rocketed. When I bought a box that way it cost me £27 for the box. I don't know if they will go down to that or not but if not it may be cheaper to buy grids being sold as a c and c cage from the site recommended above (which lots would recommend) or from alsogrendle on eBay.

Sometimes Costco have them in and very cheaply I inderstand but they always sell out fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back