• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

C&c for climbers?

Piano

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
At the moment both my boys will eat anything hung at height first.
They have a ball stuffed with straw and a Hay rack that requires them to walk up the cage side, stand on back feet and stretch to nibble. We have other racks and stuff lower down though and these are always left until last.
I'm upgrading to C&c + correx so they have more room to get away from each other.
Would the panels be sturdy enough to support them doing these at height feedings?

Cheers for input.

Yes. Once put together using the connectors and/or cable ties, the panels are secure

At the moment both my boys will eat anything hung at height first.
They have a ball stuffed with straw and a Hay rack that requires them to walk up the cage side, stand on back feet and stretch to nibble. We have other racks and stuff lower down though and these are always left until last.
I'm upgrading to C&c + correx so they have more room to get away from each other.
Would the panels be sturdy enough to support them doing these at height feedings?

Cheers for input.
'a ball stuffed with straw'?

As long as it’s not straw that’s in it and that they can’t get tangled in it or get their heads in
Ah I see what I wrote there. It's Hay Hay Hay all the way way way. Definitely not straw!
Can't get their heads in it for sure.

Ffs. Thought I was being a good dad with that one.
Bin!

Ffs. Thought I was being a good dad with that one.
Bin!
I know ... I got rid of all my hay racks when I saw the hay rack warning thread .
I use wooden hideys and put the hay on top - they rear up on their hind legs to get at the hay . They sit on top of the hideys too :D

9546C32E-63A2-452D-B9BB-CE27476A15FB.jpeg(Ebony on top of hidy)

Your original question was about the sturdiness of C&C grids. Yes , they are sturdy . The correx sides provide enough support to stop the grids falling over . When I had a C&C cage, I used cable ties to hold the grids together .

I know it’s not ‘food’ but my boys have a platform that has hanging blocks and they love nibbling at them if yours are random chewers too?

I know ... I got rid of all my hay racks when I saw the hay rack warning thread .
I use wooden hideys and put the hay on top - they rear up on their hind legs to get at the hay . They sit on top of the hideys too :D

View attachment 152400(Ebony on top of hidy)

Your original question was about the sturdiness of C&C grids. Yes , they are sturdy . The correx sides provide enough support to stop the grids falling over . When I had a C&C cage, I used cable ties to hold the grids together .
Yes we also have wooden hidey castles with roof hay! And we also cable tie our C@C grids as well as using the connectors, and it is sturdy enough to keep out small children :)
Maybe you could tie bunches of fresh herbs up high for the piggies to reach up for, or hang up a paper bag of hay and chopped veg with a couple of holes in the bottom? Cheap, homemade and low tech is often safest for piggy enrichment!

They get a chew block every Friday so they can take part in TGI Friday with rest of the family.
Very much enjoying home made stuff. Good activity with the kids.

Back