• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

C & C in store ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi i know there are lots of threads on here about c & c cages but does anyone know of any where you can buy them in store rather than online ? Ive got 2 piggies staying with me from the school i work at and would love to set one up for them. Ive tried b&q and wickes but no luck :( Thanks in advance Liz

I am pretty surprised given that for years this product set is highly recommended by pig owners around the world but yet no company has ever sold it in the purpose nor has any shop sold it locally to me or others.

Only thing i can think of is that its not a good as product as many think, and to be honest its pretty costly for what it is, my current pen cost me a whopping £14 start to finish. and its 4x2 (8sqft) buy even if i had brought the ply i would only be adding £22 for an 8x4 sheet . Overall it should have cost £36.

The new one I'm planning to build will more then likely be double the cost around £60 with a sheet of 5mm tempered glass as the front.

The cubes are pretty expensive when i looked around, (screw fix etc) and to be fair not all that 'secure' the way they are clipped together in my opinion.

I'm not sure if this has be discussed in the past but obviously pet shop cages are not very good, but there must be pro's and cons to a c&c cage over a wooded constructed one.

I just went with materials available to me hence my low cost for a large secure pen. Maybe this should be discussed further to get a definitive answer?

I'm not a carpenter my skills are using fibreglass, it took 2 days to build using basic hand tool's, tape measurer, jigsaw tapping screws, screw driver, hand drill & a hammer.

Pen built in 2 days rest of the week was waiting for the protective stain and varnish to set.

your pen sounds great , any pictures ? I'm trying to explore all ideas as my OH is very good with wood something like yours may be worth thinking about - thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back