• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

C&c size decisions help

PennyLane

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m planning on eventually having like 5-6 guinea pigs ((1 neutered male and 4-5 females)) I know bigger is better but could I do a 4x4 c&c ((21.778 sq ft)) where I’d only have to make one table for the cage or should I do a 3x6 c&c ((24.5 sq ft)) where I’d have to make 2 tables?
I kinda wanna go with the 4x4 c&c but that might be hard to clean in the middle

Six piggies would need preferably 2x8 so equivalent sizes.

4x4 would be really hard to clean so maybe as you say 3x6

My advice would be 5 piggies. The more space you give them the happier they will be

Six piggies would need preferably 2x8 so equivalent sizes.

4x4 would be really hard to clean so maybe as you say 3x6

My advice would be 5 piggies. The more space you give them the happier they will be
I decided for now to go with a 4x3 split in half (2x3) until 6 weeks after my male can be neutered

I decided for now to go with a 4x3 split in half (2x3) until 6 weeks after my male can be neutered
My boy Furbys got his neuter appointment in early October so in November I’ll be able to turn the cage into a 4x3 this weekend I plan to finish building the 2 2x3s and on the 14th I’ve got a second pregnancy check X-ray for Fancy cause by then we should see spines :) and I’ve got my fingers crossed that the babies if she really has some in her are either both girls ((then all could go together once Furbys been neutered 6 weeks or a girl and a boy and I’d keep the cage permanently split girls one side boys other side

Back