• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

C&C Without the correx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Everything for the C&C is now here, the only problem is is that the second 'c' part isn't.

our house is rented so if we ruin the carpet we're in trouble... but...

because the guinea room still has all the hutches and cages in, i was thinking we could set the cages up down here in the living room temporarily, until the hutches and other paraphanalia is sold.

My plan is to build the cage on top of LOTS AND LOTS of layers, bin bags newspaper towls and fleece.

do you think that'd do it?

xx

i have lino under half of mine and correx on the other half and my bunny has a folded shower curtain just to protect the carpet. :))

I have my boys in the kitchen and i have a cheap shower curtain underneath then paper, towels and fleece.

The shower curtain was £1.49 for Asda!

Hi we're in a rented house as well and have the piggies in the lounge. We have a big piece of lino down with newspaper and fleece on top, does the job.

What size is your cage going to be? I have a piece of correx that is unused but ready scored and cut to 3 x 3 grid size and its red.

I have my boys in the kitchen and i have a cheap shower curtain underneath then paper, towels and fleece.

The shower curtain was £1.49 for Asda!

you have the same one as me but there £1.50 now lol :)

I used to have a collapsable pen that I used to bring outdoor piggies in for a run on damp days. It used a plastic pond underlay from the garden centre - but you have to take care they don't chew it too much.

There are some pictures on this page: http://erodent.co.uk/GuineaPigCages.htm

Paula

They can be any size, it's all the same amount of grids whether I do it 2x4 or 3x3 :)

I've put lots of bin liners down and then i'm going to put towels and then fleece. I think that should be okay i'll just have to hoover a lot. lol

I think the whole thing might JUST all fit in properly...Hope it does, mind you I don't really care how it looks for now, I just want them to be happy :D xx

Hi,

A great idea is a cheap shower curtain.

Argos sell one for £1.99 in white value range. I Use it for the bal pit and it is waterproof:))

oh my god, without the correx they got through the holes...

I was like, how did the guineapig get to the saxaphone...huh....! Oh ! that's how!

oh my god, without the correx they got through the holes...

I was like, how did the guineapig get to the saxaphone...huh....! Oh ! that's how!

mine have just a run made out of grids and they have not managed to get out of that yet. there isnt any correx on the bottom just inco pads and fleece. the inco pads are waterproof on the bottom so it doesnt soak through and as my piggies are good and use a tray most of the time they only need changing weekly... good luck with your new cages.:)

Okay cage is up without the correx all the problems are sorted and we're just waiting for the correx to get here.

76499_1713151715342_1434651159_1798645_7797834_n.jpg

150508_1713153555388_1434651159_1798646_3313081_n.jpg

74380_1713157035475_1434651159_1798648_1280160_n.jpg

Okay cage is up without the correx all the problems are sorted and we're just waiting for the correx to get here.

76499_1713151715342_1434651159_1798645_7797834_n.jpg

150508_1713153555388_1434651159_1798646_3313081_n.jpg

74380_1713157035475_1434651159_1798648_1280160_n.jpg

sent pm before this lol,wow look's good so i have a tray for one cage! if you phone the people in the link i sent you they do bigger sheet's than advertised onsite

I see this has been resolved but just in case anyone is interested:

I have no coroplast on half of the cage. Instead, I used a clear plastic shower curtain covered with two thick fluffy towels and then 100% polyester fleece from IKEA (only $2.49 a fleece!) on the top. I vacuum up the poops and hay every day and then fully replace the fleece and towels once a week. When I take the old bedding off, I spray pet-safe cleaner onto the shower curtain and wipe it down, but nothing ever seems to even get that far!

A few key things to remember with fleece/towel bedding are:

1) Use 100% polyester fleece.
2) Vaccum poops and hay daily.
3) Change bedding completely at least once a week.
4) Don't wash the bedding with fabric softener as this reduces the absorbency.

Stick to those rules and you should have no problems keeping your carpet clean! :)

I see this has been resolved but just in case anyone is interested:

I have no coroplast on half of the cage. Instead, I used a clear plastic shower curtain covered with two thick fluffy towels and then 100% polyester fleece from IKEA (only $2.49 a fleece!) on the top. I vacuum up the poops and hay every day and then fully replace the fleece and towels once a week. When I take the old bedding off, I spray pet-safe cleaner onto the shower curtain and wipe it down, but nothing ever seems to even get that far!

A few key things to remember with fleece/towel bedding are:

1) Use 100% polyester fleece.
2) Vaccum poops and hay daily.
3) Change bedding completely at least once a week.
4) Don't wash the bedding with fabric softener as this reduces the absorbency.

Stick to those rules and you should have no problems keeping your carpet clean! :)

I'm always intersted :) Thankyou so much for thetips, i'll try those :D x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back