• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cadbury

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fiszi

:'( :'( My angel piggy Cadbury died recently. She was about 5 years old. She had been with me through so many problems and it was amazing how one so small could make me feel so much better. She was an amazing pig. Out of all my guinea pigs, when someone came round they would always want to take her home. People offered my silly amounts of money for her but I never let her go. One day someone even tried to steal her. She had the most amazing temperament. She wasn't shy at all. She would sit on my lap while I was on the computer and just go to sleep. If I put her down somewhere she didn't like to be, I'd put my arms out to her and she'd launch herself at me. I'd have to catch her. She hated being put down anywhere but the grass or her home. I always knew the day would one day come where I'd have to say goodbye but I dreaded it so much. :( Now I'm filled with guilt over all the days I didn't go and see her and pick her up. All the things I could have or should have done.

Then she got ill. I looked at her and just knew. I picked her up and she was breathing strangly. I kept an eye on her and decided not to take her to the vets as it was a sunday and her breathing seemed back to normal after about an hour.

The next day came and that morning she was terrible. I knew it was bad and simply sat there holding her in tears. I called the vet and got an emergency appointment. As I stood there booking her in she began to really struggle. I felt strange about holding her suddenly. Stupid almost embarrassement because she was struggling and I thought the staff would think I was holding her wrong so I handed her over to my sister as I continued booking her in. We got to the waiting area and my sister said I think shes really bad. I asked to hold her. As my sister put her in my hands I knew she was gone. I was consumed with guilt that in her last moments I'd been so stupid and handed her over. :'( I'm actually about to cry writing this. My sister got the vet nurse. I sat there in tears as she took her through to the vet who confirmed it.

I'm so sorry Cadbury... I loved you to bits. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh sweetheart my heart is breaking :'( for you, I had a cadbury a few years ago he was an edible choccy colour and like yours a little darling, you did all you could but it was to be, I too could'nt be with Charlie when he died in July (one of my mutts) and felt so bad so know how you are feeling, you feel you let her down, but you did'nt you comforted her and looked after her for 5 years, when I lost Bear (my avator pig) pig in march I had given permission to remove his leg and he died soon after the op at the vets, me never seeing him again, I tell you I was wracked with guilt and it hit me bad, but the girls on this forum made me realise his well being was always my top priority and he was loved so much, i did'nt let him down but to this day I do still feel bad about it all, I guess thats what loving a pet is all about, chin up and God bless Cadbury

awww i'm so sorry for your loss :'(

Rest in peace little Cadbury & run free x

x

I'm so sorry.

Cadbury knew you weren't being stupid, you were just terrified.

Big hugs to you, and sleep tight Cadbury xx

I'm so sorry about Cadbury. What a good little Piggy, and of course you miss her so much. She knows what you are feeling, and I'm sure is trying to make you feel a bit better. She wouldn't want you to be so upset.
Now she's playing with our Dr. Atkins and all the other lovely piggies who are over Rainbow Bridge. x

I'm sorry to hear about cadbury, I cried myself when I read your post so cant imagine what you are going through.

R.I.P Cadbury

x x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back