Cage alterations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gus and jack

Reaction score
My piggies are driving me crazy. I posted a while ago about them becoming overly aggressive with each other and the fact I'd had to separate them and make them a bigger cage and then reintroduce them. Well since then I've extended that cage to make it a total of 2x4 grids which takes up quite a lot of space. Unfortunately over the past few days the rumbling has escalated to teeth rattling within their huge cage so now I've had to partition it. They are still rumbling through the separating grids which makes me think that maybe they will never really get on. I'm in the process of now trying to decide on how to rearrange my furniture to allow me more space so I can extend my cage again!
So my question is has anyone any ideas on how to wring the most space possible out of a small area and also, what age is the best for getting the boys neutered because they are both about 5 months and if they won't get on, I'd rather have them done and adopt girlfriends for them to keep them company.

rip_ernie

Reaction score
not sure about the age etc but how about making the cage two storey? with a gently sloping ramp so it is more appealing for the pigs to go up.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
If you can build upwards that'd be the best way to go & if they've decided they don't like each other can live one up one down.

I have no idea about the best age for neutering tho'

Status
Not open for further replies.