• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cage biting

Piggypants21

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions and advice needed but I'm a new piggy mum and just want my boys to be happy and healthy(i got them at the end of March).
So after my last post about Alf (my youngest) constantly cage biting morning,noon and night i think i may have finally cracked it 🤞
Last night i decided to move Eric (the eldest quiet one) onto my big desk/worktop. Now i had second thoughts about this because they would no longer be side by side but i was finding lack of floor space and cleaning very difficult on a daily basis so i bit the bullet and did it. There was not enough room for Alf so i left him on the floor but moved him slightly closer to us so he can ear us and feel involved in my everyday routine. So last night was the first night of this and i swear i never heard a peep out of him all night,infact i got up at 2am and checked on him to make sure he was okay because normally he would be at the bars. He was absolutely fine playing with a apple stick that he's had for ages 🤦‍♀️.
I'm now thinking it was because he wanted get to Eric and even though i have moved him they can still ear and smell each other but can't see each other (apart from floor time) but they seem happy enough and I've also been told that their eyesight isn't the best anyway so that shouldn't make a difference.
So happy all 3 of us get to have a good nights sleep and enjoy plenty floor time 🐹🥦🥬😴

Sorry for all the questions and advice needed but I'm a new piggy mum and just want my boys to be happy and healthy(i got them at the end of March).
So after my last post about Alf (my youngest) constantly cage biting morning,noon and night i think i may have finally cracked it 🤞
Last night i decided to move Eric (the eldest quiet one) onto my big desk/worktop. Now i had second thoughts about this because they would no longer be side by side but i was finding lack of floor space and cleaning very difficult on a daily basis so i bit the bullet and did it. There was not enough room for Alf so i left him on the floor but moved him slightly closer to us so he can ear us and feel involved in my everyday routine. So last night was the first night of this and i swear i never heard a peep out of him all night,infact i got up at 2am and checked on him to make sure he was okay because normally he would be at the bars. He was absolutely fine playing with a apple stick that he's had for ages 🤦‍♀️.
I'm now thinking it was because he wanted get to Eric and even though i have moved him they can still ear and smell each other but can't see each other (apart from floor time) but they seem happy enough and I've also been told that their eyesight isn't the best anyway so that shouldn't make a difference.
So happy all 3 of us get to have a good nights sleep and enjoy plenty floor time 🐹🥦🥬😴

I saw that you said that Alf and Eric see each other during floortime, does this mean that you put them together during floortime? As I think (not 100% sure) that pigs that don’t get along -which i’m assuming is the reason why yours are in two separate cages- shouldn’t really be put together even during floortime and they should just do floortime separately.

I saw that you said that Alf and Eric see each other during floortime, does this mean that you put them together during floortime? As I think (not 100% sure) that pigs that don’t get along -which i’m assuming is the reason why yours are in two separate cages- shouldn’t really be put together even during floortime and they should just do floortime separately.
No they have separate floor time and always had since the day they were separated. Sorry i should have been clearer,when they have floor time the one that is out is always around the others cage saying 'Hi' and jumping up the to bars to really have a good chatter. Sometimes they just rumble strut around the cage and don't seem happy with each other.
No they have not had any contact (apart from through the bars) for about 4 and a half week now.

No they have separate floor time and always had since the day they were separated. Sorry i should have been clearer,when they have floor time the one that is out is always around the others cage saying 'Hi' and jumping up the to bars to really have a good chatter. Sometimes they just rumble strut around the cage and don't seem happy with each other.
No they have not had any contact (apart from through the bars) for about 4 and a half week now.
Oh okay I understand, i’m glad you managed to get the bar biting sorted out and got some peace and quiet overnight!

Oh okay I understand, i’m glad you managed to get the bar biting sorted out and got some peace and quiet overnight!
Thank you. He has done it slightly today but that's fine because they were due their lunch and he was getting very impatient 🥕🥦🥬🌽

Thank you. He has done it slightly today but that's fine because they were due their lunch and he was getting very impatient 🥕🥦🥬🌽
Yes I also have a piggy reminder clock if i‘m a bit late with the veggies. How they can tell the exact time just by their bellies amazes me!

Back