Cage Chewing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex&GizmoMama

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We had to separate our boys the other week due to different personalitlies and finding a bite mark on gizmos lip.
All is ok and the cut is healing.

However cause floor time is now split whenever rex is enjoying his floor time this drives gizmo insane. He chews all the bars and anything else in his way out of frustration.
Is there anything we can do to ease his frustion or prevent this behaviour altogether?

Julie M

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Aww sorry to hear they've fallen out.

Hmm. I'm not sure. Maybe get another run and let them both out at the same time? Hope you find a solution soon.

Harry&lloyd

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Could you try draping or towel or fleece over the bars so he can't get to them. I've done this with my c& c cage and works well or you could try distracting him with a treat or toy. The living world flip toys are good and can keep them occupied for ages trying to get the treats inside x

Rex&GizmoMama

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
He has toys, only works a few seconds. i'll look up the living world toys, ta.

Trying the double runs. He keeps trying to climb into rex's side lol, that or following him up and down the fence.

Julie M

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Poor piggies. My 2 had a falling out too they were seperated. But kept trying to get to each other. So I followed the bonding thread on the forum and now they are back together. It was pretty scary seeing them settle their differences but apparently it looks worse to us than it is for them. They seem to have worked things out now.

Rex&GizmoMama

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
crazy piggy was doing it for an hour the other night, at 1 in the morning.
a towel that rex had been sat on earlier draped over the end of his favourite hidy seemed to calm him down.... atleast long enough for us to get some sleep.

Julie M

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Poor piggie. Hope you find a solution soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.