• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cage Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy Le Rendu6

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a c and c cage but I need to move my pigs outside into the garage - would I need to buy a hutch or would they be okay in the same cage? The garage is warm but is not fully insulated! Thanks

Ideally, Guinea Pigs should be kept in same temperatures as human beings - basically - if you feel cold - your guinea pigs will too ! I think you are going to have problems keeping the whole garage warm .

If I were you, I'd get some of those Max/Min thermometers (sold in garden centres/Amazon/Wilko - usually in the greenhouse section) - to keep an eye on the temperature range at different spots in the cage. I would position your heater so at least a section of the cage is maintained at 18 - 20 degrees.

@BossHogg may be able to advise you further.

:wel:to the forum . Are you happy to add your location to your profile? Country & County will be good - we have members from all parts of the world and knowing what country you live in helps with our advice.

Ideally, Guinea Pigs should be kept in same temperatures as human beings - basically - if you feel cold - your guinea pigs will too ! I think you are going to have problems keeping the whole garage warm .

If I were you, I'd get some of those Max/Min thermometers (sold in garden centres/Amazon/Wilko - usually in the greenhouse section) - to keep an eye on the temperature range at different spots in the cage. I would position your heater so at least a section of the cage is maintained at 18 - 20 degrees.

:wel:to the forum . Are you happy to add your location to your profile? Country & County will be good - we have members from all parts of the world and knowing what country you live in helps with our advice.
Thanks, what would be better to keep them warm? Fleece or sawdust? Currently using fleece

A lot of our members use fleece, others wood shavings. Personally, I use Snowflake soft chip bedding. My piggies are in a hutch in a shed with lightning and heating.

A lot of our members use fleece, others wood shavings. Personally, I use Snowflake soft chip bedding. My piggies are in a hutch in a shed with lightning and heating.
Where would I get snowflake bedding?

Most pet shops will order it in for you. If you search for Plevin Snowflake, they may deliver direct. ;)

.... and make sure they're not in any draughts too.

Bloody predictive text! :)) mind you, Ronnie needs a lightning bolt up his jacksie, he's that laid back! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back