• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cage or Hutch?

What's your piggie living in?

• Hutch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cage

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lilgalnatalie

:) The fight to try to get piggies inside still goes on between me and my dad, he says they're smelly and i wish he'd turn around. :( help

I've voted 'other' as they live in a c and c cage inside. I use vetbed and tbh it does smell after a couple of days but that can be controlled by frequent cleaning out and changing the vet bed

Other - CC Cage inside right now.

Piggies arent really smelly, they are not like mice who actually have a strong odour, piggies urine doesnt smell at all I find.

Only cages that dont regularly get cleaned smell.

The only strong smell I smell in my kitchen is the hay I use - smells wonderful though, I think :)

I vote a plastic indoor cage or a c and c cage as if you have a hutch, urine will soak into the wood and make it smell more.

If you clean it out very regularily it should be fine (spot clean every day), also try using carefresh iin the toilet corners as this helps keep the smell down- I use this in my house rabbits litter trays and they never seem to smell.

Mine are in 10ft hutches (outside in a shed-type building) & don't smell, tho' they would if they weren't cleaned, the same as any animal  :)

Sorry, I just meant using a hutch indoors wouldnt be ideal.

all of mine are in cc runs except 2 boys in a wheeled cage type thing with no top

I voted 'cage' but I meant C&C cage... didn't realise that was other lol. I tried hutches for my rabbit when he was around... even though he was indoors. I found the urine used to soak into the wood and it wasn't very hygenic. Personally I much prefer nice wipe clean C&C pens or even plasic cages. Best thing about C&C is being able to pick them up and stroek them withough messing with doors

maxthepig said:
Sorry, I just meant using a hutch indoors wouldnt be ideal.

No Mandy i agree with you there, i couldn't imagine having a hutch indoors  ;)

I have a cage for indoor use & c & c grids :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back