• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cage requirement

Basia1

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello,
I have neutered my boy and once its safe ( 8 weeks on recommendation of my vet) he will have 3 ladies joining him. I use c&c cages for all my piggies. I have bonded pair of boars in 3x6 and I love the space they have. I was wondering tho would 3x4 be enough for 1 boar and 3 sows? Its 16.3sq ft.....

2x6 or 14 sq feet is the minimum for four piggies so a 3x6 is good space. Please just be sure that you either put the bonded boars in a separate room or above the boar and sows. And you can bond at 6 weeks post neuter ☺

2x6 or 14 sq feet is the minimum for four piggies so a 3x6 is good space. Please just be sure that you either put the bonded boars in a separate room or above the boar and sows. And you can bond at 6 weeks post neuter ☺
I was talking about 3x4 which is equivalent of 2x6....

Sorry missed that. Minimum is a 2x6 or 16 grids. A 3x4 is 14 grids.

3x4 is 12 grids so is 2x6. There was a thread somewhere here. 3x4 is equivalent of 2x6.

yes a 3x4 is enough square feet for four piggies.

As siikibam has mentioned though, having sows in the same room as bonded boars can cause problems for the boar pairs relationship, so do be prepared for that

yes a 3x4 is enough square feet for four piggies.

As siikibam has mentioned though, having sows in the same room as bonded boars can cause problems for the boar pairs relationship, so do be prepared for that
Thanks! I have kept boars and sows in the same room ( different cage) before. Never had any problems
I just made sure I handled the boys first ( clean the cages and floor time was in a completely different room). The boys 8 have now will be above the herd. I also have air purifier going on to remove any smells so this will help also

All the best with the bonding. We’d love to see photos of your boys. I have a pair of boars and sows. Have to say the boars are in the running for my favourites. But possibly because I got them first 🤫

Oh my goodness! I absolutely :wub::wub::wub::wub:

PS that’s too many pellets. They should only have a tablespoon each per day. They’re the junk food of the piggy world 😉

Back