• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cage Size For 5 Cavies?

The Wheeking Herd

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, all! I'm going to the shelter to get 3 more pigs soon, I already have two sows and I'm getting two more sows and a neutered boar. I was thinking of building a 3x6 C&C cage with a 2x2 loft. (Obviously with a ramp, too.) Is this large enough? I really don't want to do the minimum, I want to spoil my piggies beyond compare!

The only problem is I don't really want to build a loft (lol) because I am a beginner with C&C cages, and I want to do a simple design but not a generic C&C cage with one level and no place to hide, so I'm spending a lot of time on Pinterest right now! :lol!:

The only problem is I don't really want to build a loft (lol) because I am a beginner with C&C cages, and I want to do a simple design but not a generic C&C cage with one level and no place to hide, so I'm spending a lot of time on Pinterest right now! :lol!:

A loft doesn't actually add on any more space to the cage, so not having a loft is fine! If you have a lot of hidies and tunnels, it wont be generic with no places to hide. Pinterest is the best for inspo, I always get inspired when I go on there!

A loft doesn't actually add on any more space to the cage, so not having a loft is fine! If you have a lot of hidies and tunnels, it wont be generic with no places to hide. Pinterest is the best for inspo, I always get inspired when I go on there!
Great! I was thinking of just adding an extra grid on top, for a little fleece forest, with lots of enrichment, and I think I'll be good! Thanks! 😁

Back