• FORUM DONATIONS OPEN The forum relies on your help to continue running, if you would like to help keep the forum running then you can find out about donating here

Cage size for 5 pigs.. L shaped

Hnrpiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I currently have my five little ladies in a 3X5 c&c cage. I’m wanting to change the shape to an L shape to give me more space in the middle of my floor. I don’t know what size or amount of grids to use for an L shape that would be suitable for the pigs.
How would I break it down. 2X5 would be one part of the L not sure what to make the other. I want them to have as much space as I can give them but I’m also stuck in the box room of our house so not many options. I already got a high rise bed so they can have the entire floor but I’m about to start uni and need somewhere for a desk 😬 so how big does it need to be in an L shape?

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
5 grids along the back
4 grids along the back of the side return to make it an L shape
2 grids wide
(so it’s three grids at the front of the long side, and 2 grids along the front of the L shaped return)

that uses 18 grids which is a 7x2 C&c cage which is the size needed for five piggies together

Hnrpiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
5 grids along the back
2 grids wide
(so it’s three grids at the front of the long side, and 2 grids along the front of the L shaped return)

that uses 18 grids which is a 7x2 C&c cage which is the size needed for five piggies together
Thank you! Maths is not my strong point 😂

Roselina

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Nor mine ! Piggies&buns has solved it for you ! Sounds like a lovely home for your piggies ! You must post some pics when it’s in place ! Have fun 🥰

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
5 grids along the back
2 grids wide

Thank you for that. I would have run out of fingers for counting.....