Cage size for 5 pigs.. L shaped

Hnrpiggies

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I currently have my five little ladies in a 3X5 c&c cage. I’m wanting to change the shape to an L shape to give me more space in the middle of my floor. I don’t know what size or amount of grids to use for an L shape that would be suitable for the pigs.
How would I break it down. 2X5 would be one part of the L not sure what to make the other. I want them to have as much space as I can give them but I’m also stuck in the box room of our house so not many options. I already got a high rise bed so they can have the entire floor but I’m about to start uni and need somewhere for a desk 😬 so how big does it need to be in an L shape?

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
5 grids along the back
4 grids along the back of the side return to make it an L shape
2 grids wide
(so it’s three grids at the front of the long side, and 2 grids along the front of the L shaped return)

that uses 18 grids which is a 7x2 C&c cage which is the size needed for five piggies together

Hnrpiggies

New Born Pup
Reaction score
5 grids along the back
2 grids wide
(so it’s three grids at the front of the long side, and 2 grids along the front of the L shaped return)

that uses 18 grids which is a 7x2 C&c cage which is the size needed for five piggies together
Thank you! Maths is not my strong point 😂

Roselina

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Nor mine ! Piggies&buns has solved it for you ! Sounds like a lovely home for your piggies ! You must post some pics when it’s in place ! Have fun 🥰

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
5 grids along the back
2 grids wide

Thank you for that. I would have run out of fingers for counting.....