Cage Upgrades

BearAndPanda

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
When I got the Pigs they were six weeks old, the place I got them from sold me a 80 cm cage and now that they’re getting bigger, I want to upgrade. Does anyone know any 160 cm or larger cages? I can’t accommodate any hutches. If you have any ideas please comment down below! Max budget is £200!

PembsGP

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Our 2 piggies (now aged 4) are in a 160cm Ferplast cage. I got it online from Zooplus.co.uk for around £70. I suggest you go as big as you can. If we had the space I would have bought a clip panels together system with cage liners. C&C cages is one make. You can clip panels together to build as much as you want. They are open at the top which is great for cleaning out etc.

rp1993

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Wow! Which website? And which grids you have?
You can get them all ready to put together from here: C&C Guinea Pig Cages - Home - c and c guinea pig cages
Or you can DIY it with grids from Amazon, I made the error of getting smaller grids you want the 35cm which are 9 squares across (please correct me if I’m wrong anyone!) and 4mm corex I get my Correx from here: https://www.the-aluminium-shop.co.uk/
You will also need lots of Zip ties at minimum I’d get 100!

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
You can get them all ready to put together from here: C&C Guinea Pig Cages - Home - c and c guinea pig cages
Or you can DIY it with grids from Amazon, I made the error of getting smaller grids you want the 35cm which are 9 squares across (please correct me if I’m wrong anyone!) and 4mm corex I get my Correx from here: https://www.the-aluminium-shop.co.uk/
You will also need lots of Zip ties at minimum I’d get 100!
You’re correct. Grids which only have 8 squares are unsafe.