• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cage wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All

I have a six-month old small male GP called Guinness. We're hoping to neuter him within the next couple of months and get him a friend. We'll need a indoor cage big enough for two - sadly, ours is only big enough for one at the moment, - money is a factor!

I know it's a bit cheeky but i would be very grateful indeed for any tips on where to get cheap cages - or if anyone has one spare after Xmas...?

I'd love to put one together myself but am HOPELESS at DIY...!

Thanks

Amy

You can get C&C caging that is a lot cheaper than a cage from a pet store. The grids can be put together easily with minimal DIY skills needed. You can get the grids from various places, such as eBay, etc or from B&Q and other home stores. You can make a base from corrugated plastic, available from sign makers, however I have just used a plastic table mat that works fine for me :).

I would go for making a C & C cage, that way, you can always modify and expand the cage. Also, I previously had a Ferplast 120 cage and found that once my boys started getting bigger, they didnt have enough space and were getting a bit grumpy with each other. We made a cage out of wood and lino, which has given them plenty of space. If you can't get the supplies for a C & C cage, try roping in someone you know is good at DIY. It really isn't too hard though.

Where about do you live Amy? Someone on here might have a cage for sale near you.

You could make your own very cheaply, I had to improvise this week and quickly make a new piggie 'quarters' in a rush with some left over C & C panels, but I recon they quite like their new home?

DSCF6997.jpg

Paula

Amy may have other pets in the house so C & C may not be appropriate? Whereabouts are you Amy? I have a 39" cage that I am selling for £10, which is a good spare cage. Collection only though. xx

Zooplus has a good quality 119cm cage for £33.99 and as Purple said if you are a new customer you get a discount.
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/guinea_pig_cages/120_cm_cages/83034

I was just about the post that cage :)p but i just looked and its £39.99 for me, not 33?

I would love the make a C&C cage - but yes, due to other pets i can't i need a cage with a roof, and i've worked out that its cheaper than having a C&C cage, and maing a roof with the grids

I ordered the Skyline Maxi XXL on 30th Dec and paid £37.99 as I got 10% off and there's free postage - apparently it was dispatched yesterday. So much cheaper than the pets at home type shop prices.

I was just about the post that cage :)p but i just looked and its £39.99 for me, not 33?

Sorry I didnt check the new price, when I posted this but I bought mine early November, so they must have changed the price on it since I got one, as thats what I paid foir mine, but its still a good price for a cage that size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back