• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cages

Rebecca Good

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I haven't got any guinea pigs yet, I'm currently getting supplies together for when I do. I've already ordered cage grids and I'm going to do a big shop of other supplies with my checklist in a few days.

I do have my hamsters old cage and was wondering if it will ever come in handy or if there are any modifications I can make for it to BECOME useful. If not, I'll just chuck it out! It's only a basic tub and cage top, it used to have 2 tiers but I removed the top when my hammie got arthritis in his back legs so he needed everything on one level.

I can't wait to get their cage all set up! What do you all recommend as cage liners? I'm hoping for something I can just chuck in the washing machine and use again and something cost effective so I can buy 2 sets, one for whilst the other is in the wash.

Without seeing the cage, it’s hard to say. But I’m guessing the base will only be of any use as a hay tray. C&C is brilliant, endless possibilities with shapes and sizes of setups :D

The old hamsters cage may come in handy for you to put them in while cleaning them out. I love the c&c cages.

An inexpensive cage liner would probably be buying some anti-pill fleece fabric from a fabric store, and then putting a towel underneath.

However, I haven’t tried this (yet! I’m planning to change my piggies’ bedding to fleece in a week) so I don’t know if it works well or not.

Back