• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Calcium Deposits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A&T

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So..I'm not sure if this should even go in food.. but its related to food so thats where its going lol.

I've noticed white blobs around on the fleece recently, more than normal I think. I give Amber Wagg Muesli and Pets at home nuggets, I've tried burgess nuggets but I think they're to big for her and I don't have the strength to snap them.

Vegetable wise shes quite fussy... she gets a lump of cucumber every night at bed time. She gets parsley quite a lot (which I think is the problem) also coriander too. She use to like kale and broccoli but isn't too keen on them anymore and always leaves loads in the bowl or will eat the stem of the broccoli and leave the rest. We've recently been giving her Dill, but shes stopped eating that too. Pepper she seems to enjoy, but I've only just discovered she likes that. I tried it back when she was with Trixie and Trixie didn't eat it and amber would pick at it but just leave it. Oh carrots.. she gets carrots.. but similar to the broccoli she'll eat some and leave the majority. She use to get Romanian lettuce but now we cant get that, and can only get iceberg which I know is bad for their tummys. I'm always unsure on what cabbage I can give her? Is the white stuff okay? the one that looks like a hard lettuce.

She has constant access to hay as well obviously.
I mean is Wagg muesli or pets at home nuggets particularly high in calcium or is it just the vegetables she gets?
Any suggestions on veg I can try her on that's low in calcium but high in vit C and other good things and that I can get in Tesco? Thanksssssssss :D :D :D

Since I switched to vitakraft pellets and the ic diet I rarely see calcium deposits. You may like to give that a try.

Since I switched to vitakraft pellets and the ic diet I rarely see calcium deposits. You may like to give that a try.

I'm willing to give anything a try! Where do I get them from? Zooplus?

It could be! Change over the pellets slowly though. It takes a month to completely change. I did it too soon and my pigs lost a lot of weight.

It could be! Change over the pellets slowly though. It takes a month to completely change. I did it too soon and my pigs lost a lot of weight.

Thank you! I will do, I normally mix the old with the new and then gradually put more new than old and then eventually just all the new stuff :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back