• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Calling All Boar Owners ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How do I clean Stanley's stink pouch out?
Right now he's swaggering about trying to woo luna like he's the sexiest pig that's ever walked the earth with like 10 foot of hay hanging out his butt pocket. So I wanna give it a flush to see what else is in that treasure trove.
I've seen people hold their pigs on their back and hold it under the tap but my tap just goes boiling hot really quickly and the cold tap is freezing.

Any other way I can sort this stinky little casanova?

Right now he's swaggering about trying to woo luna like he's the sexiest pig that's ever walked the earth with like 10 foot of hay hanging out his butt pocket. So I wanna give it a flush to see what else is in that treasure trove.
I've seen people hold their pigs on their back and hold it under the tap but my tap just goes boiling hot really quickly and the cold tap is freezing.

There are a couple of videos out there on how to clean out "gentlemens bits" - am sure someone will come on and direct you shortly - it's a dirty job but someones got to do it ! haha

Are you on about the sack/hole between their bits and bum hole? If so, I was told by my local rescue to very gently clean out with a cotton bud. I have followed this advice and do it once a week, I'm glad as 2 of my boys build up really quickly!
I know some people disagree but I'm just going by a lady who runs my local rescue and is a rodentologist (I think that's what it's called) and it's not done my boys any harm, it just stops them getting bunged up as such

It is important to do it. There is some good youtube videos to show as well. It is amazing what gets stuck up there as well.

Lol! yeah that pouch hole thing. What is the point in that sac btw? Like, does it have a purpose except for collecting a load of crap in it? ahah, last time it was done was when I got my vets to do it about two months ago. I don't have any cotton buds left, used the last of them dying my eyebrows :mal: I'll buy some tomorrow. Thanks guys.

:)):)):)):)):)):)):))

Hold them under a tap?!?!?!? Wow I feel that's kinda cruel x

I have only today discovered that my Marmy (entire boar aged 3) has impaction. I've dealt with it today, and will need to check very regularly so it doesn't build up to the amount that was cleared today. As to what actually happens, I've been told ........ "What gets stuck is actually the vitamin poos (caecotrophs) that should be re-digested, not the waste poos."

I have only today discovered that my Marmy (entire boar aged 3) has impaction. I've dealt with it today, and will need to check very regularly so it doesn't build up to the amount that was cleared today. As to what actually happens, I've been told ........ "What gets stuck is actually the vitamin poos (caecotrophs) that should be re-digested, not the waste poos."
Eww! I couldn't give back what I get out of there lol

Welcome to the joys of boar cleaning Sue.

Impaction is quite easy to sort, once you get the hang of it. the youtube videos give you an idea to what's involved but they are a rather excessive in their technique. So bearing this in mind, you need to be gentle and reassuring to your boar. Have some basil etc handy to feed him as you work.

Equipment :
Boar
another person
cotton buds
olive oil
wet wipes
very strong hand cleaner
latex gloves - optional
gas mask - optional
sick bucket - optional

have a pile of cotton buds set aside ready as you don't want to contaminate the whole box of them. Have the olive oil in an egg cup or similar.
I find it easier to get someone to hold the boar in a semi reclined position so that you can access his bum easily and he can see you and what you're doing.
If there is a large lump of poo visible, it can be helped out by GENTLY "pinching" and rolling the lump of poo from either side with thumb and forefinger, like you might a pimple.
Now the fun starts.
Dip the cotton bud in the olive oil and gently lubricate the anal sack opening in a circular motion. The olive oil is to prevent your boar becoming sore and will help the poos in future to come out more easily.
Change the cotton bud for a fresh one dipped in olive oil. Don't use a dry cotton bud at any time.
GENTLY insert the cotton bud into the anal sack and start to loosen the poo from the internal edges of the sack. Be careful not to insert the cotton bud into the anal opening, it's about the size of the cotton bud tip and at the very rear of the sac and just below the lip. The sack itself is about the size of a marble.
GENTLY start to scoop out the poo, change your oiled cotton bud often.
You may find that once the soft poo has come out that you will find some harder poo that can have the texture of nuggets, that's because it's been there some time and been able to dry out.
Eventually you will end up with a cleanish anal sac that has white leathery walls.
Job done. Your boy will be clean and hate you for days.
If you didn't wear gloves, have fun getting the smell off your fingers.
Cleaning your boars bum should only be done when he is showing signs of impaction. You will be able to judge this soon enough. It's not a job to be done every day or it will become a job to be done every day.

Impaction is quite easy to sort, once you get the hang of it. the youtube videos give you an idea to what's involved but they are a rather excessive in their technique. So bearing this in mind, you need to be gentle and reassuring to your boar. Have some basil etc handy to feed him as you work.

[you]Equipment :[/you]
Boar
another person
cotton buds
olive oil
wet wipes
very strong hand cleaner
latex gloves - optional
gas mask - optional
sick bucket - optional

have a pile of cotton buds set aside ready as you don't want to contaminate the whole box of them. Have the olive oil in an egg cup or similar.
I find it easier to get someone to hold the boar in a semi reclined position so that you can access his bum easily and he can see you and what you're doing.
If there is a large lump of poo visible, it can be helped out by GENTLY "pinching" and rolling the lump of poo from either side with thumb and forefinger, like you might a pimple.
Now the fun starts.
Dip the cotton bud in the olive oil and gently lubricate the anal sack opening in a circular motion. The olive oil is to prevent your boar becoming sore and will help the poos in future to come out more easily.
Change the cotton bud for a fresh one dipped in olive oil. Don't use a dry cotton bud at any time.
GENTLY insert the cotton bud into the anal sack and start to loosen the poo from the internal edges of the sack. Be careful not to insert the cotton bud into the anal opening, it's about the size of the cotton bud tip and at the very rear of the sac and just below the lip. The sack itself is about the size of a marble.
GENTLY start to scoop out the poo, change your oiled cotton bud often.
You may find that once the soft poo has come out that you will find some harder poo that can have the texture of nuggets, that's because it's been there some time and been able to dry out.
Eventually you will end up with a cleanish anal sac that has white leathery walls.
Job done. Your boy will be clean and hate you for days.
If you didn't wear gloves, have fun getting the smell off your fingers.
Cleaning your boars bum should only be done when he is showing signs of impaction. You will be able to judge this soon enough. It's not a job to be done every day or it will become a job to be done every day.

That guide is brill, thank you!

This thread has been really helpful and hysterical thanks.

I managed to get lots of hay out and and some white stuff and some weird unknown soggy objects. ACTUAL REEKIN.

Gotta say, that might be the sexiest thing I've ever had to go.
FYI everyone! @Dindypig lies! The sick bucket and gas mask are NOT OPTIONAL, and I assume even more so for an impaction. :eek::vom:

Hahaha, I was half expecting to pull the cotton bud away with a pigloo stuck to the end of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back