Can A Neutered Male Live With A Non Neutered Male?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenniferanneharris

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As the title says really.
Can a neutered male live and bond okay with a non neutered male okay?

Saturday Sweep is going re-bonding and has the options of a few pigs..and they have lots of in tact males...a few pairs of females and 1 x 15week old girl.

Just wondering the best options as I have been told have a look around and see who sweep likes but is a male an option?

Thanks

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

The fact that sweep is neutered shouldn't matter when it comes to bonding him with another male as it doesn't change his hormones so he should be able to bond with a male he likes, same with any pig really if you get my meaning. I hope all goes well, it's a shame these two girls haven't worked out, but I do think things happen for a reason. He'll find his friend eventually. If he were mine i'd try bonding with both males and females, he could find his best friends in either :) Obviously there is a higher chance of fallout in boys, but as you probably know many boys life happily in pairs without issues. Girls can be just as moody lol!

Thank you. Yes its such a shame about the girls and I will miss them so much...it doesn't bare thinking about but I have to be strong for Sweep and the girls.
Just gotta get through the next few days...i feel so guilty...but I know they will find a good home eventually....gosh I hate thinking of being without them :( x

A neutered boar can live with either gender, provided the piggies in question get on - character compatibility and mutual liking are the crucial issue, not whether he can make babies or not. ;) I know of several boar pairs where one or both them are neutered.

Best of luck for Sweep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back